Just wanted to share the news!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve0512 said:
i received an email confirmation from my salesman today that my 2015 Ruby Red FFE has been ordered! :p

Did they ever give you a vin# after the confirmation?...because I ordered my 2 weeks ago still dont have a VIN# just checked with the dealer....just wanted to check the status today

A VIN number is issued when a production date is set. This is done up to 30 days in advance. Two factors that determine this is the number of orders ahead of you, and parts availability. At the Michigan Focus plant they are running three production shifts. I don't know if Ford is still running three shifts at the Focus plant.

So it this week number since I ordered my FFE still no vin# no news from the dealer and no news from Ford no one really knows if 2015 model started to get build .... Any news on yours?

I got an email from my salesgirl last night and received my VIN. I tracked the car through the Ford National Blend. MAP is scheduled to start the build the week of March 2nd. For those keeping track, my order was placed November 23rd.

Steve0512 said:
I got an email from my salesgirl last night and received my VIN. I tracked the car through the Ford National Blend. MAP is scheduled to start the build the week of March 2nd. For those keeping track, my order was placed November 23rd.

As a comparison, mine was scheduled to be built on 12/13/14 and I received it in 5 weeks. Hopefully you can get it by mid April.

Trey said:
As a comparison, mine was scheduled to be built on 12/13/14 and I received it in 5 weeks. Hopefully you can get it by mid April.
Keeping in mind that the plant was shutdown between Trey's scheduled time and delivery time and thus yours may arrive even faster than 5 weeks.

jmueller065 said:
Trey said:
Keeping in mind that the plant was shutdown between Trey's scheduled time and delivery time and thus yours may arrive even faster than 5 weeks.

Good point. There were some holidays in there as well.

Hello again, I just heard back from my dealer , he said my build date is March the cars are in such low demand (but we can not get them ) I ordered my on November 28th

jmueller065 said:
yours may arrive even faster than 5 weeks.

I'm hoping so. It takes 12 to 14 hours to build a car. After that, transportation is the main bottleneck. It could take days or weeks to make a trip that is normally a five hour drive.

I ordered my 2013 FFE from a Chicago area Ford dealership. The FFE was built on Wednesday and nine days later I got phone call from the dealership to come and pick up the car. The following day I picked up the car. I would say 1 to 2 weeks to get the car after it has been built. Chicago is close enough to the factory for the use of truck convoys to move the vehicles.

jeffand said:
I ordered my 2013 FFE from a Chicago area Ford dealership. The FFE was built on Wednesday and nine days later I got phone call from the dealership to come and pick up the car. The following day I picked up the car. I would say 1 to 2 weeks to get the car after it has been built. Chicago is close enough to the factory for the use of truck convoys to move the vehicles.

Thanks for cheering me up! :p

Steve0512 said:
How did you track it by the VIN
Thanks

Did you get your window sticker? You can pull it from the VIN. Use this URL:
Code:
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=
and put your vin at the end (after vin=).

On the window sticker you'll see a date along the middle top margin (it should say "blend" underneath it) something like "120130514" (that was my build date: 05/14/2013).

Well we are two weeks out from my build date. I will try again in a few days. Then there is the fact that Ford.com doesn't acknowledge that the 2015 Focus is something that exists yet. The website still advertises the 2014 Focus. Weird!

Back