The FIRST FORD FOCUS ELECTRIC bought in Canada (by me!!!!)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyastro

Greetings to all current and future FFE owners !!

I have great news to announce here ... the First FFE in Canada was sold on July 12th 2012, and I'm the LUCKY owner !!

It's in the city of Trois-Rivieres, province of Quebec that the first FFE is located in Canada ...

I will be regularly posting my day by day FFE driving experience here ... and on my blog (french) : http://www.roulezelectrique.com

P.S.: I also own a Chevy VOLT since november 2011 ...

Sly

Remise-cles1.jpg

Congrats slyastro!!! Anxious to hear about your experiences.

Are you going to purchase an EVSE? I'm going to try to get along without one, and just start with a standard 120v garage outlet.

georgek said:
Congrats slyastro!!! Anxious to hear about your experiences.

Are you going to purchase an EVSE? I'm going to try to get along without one, and just start with a standard 120v garage outlet.

Hello georgek!

The main reason I bought the FFE over other BEV'S is the fast 6.6 KW charging option ! I already have the SPX recommended for the VOLT by GM, but it's limited to 15 Amps / 3.3 KW ... which means it takes 7 hours to charge an empty FFE. I also have a second EVSE already installed. This EVSE is a Beta from a Canadian manufacturer only 30 miles from my home. This EVSE support up to 35 Amps, therefore I get the full capacity of the FFE charger (6.6 KW). It's great to get 30 Miles of range with only one hour charge!! And contrary to the FORD EVSE (Leviton) ... that charging station will sell below 900$. It should be UL certified by september.

Please take a look at the following blog post (it's in french, but you will be able to see picture of that great charger!)
http://roulezelectrique.com/?p=1348

Sly

klaus said:
How are you liking your Focus Electric?

I'm almost at 3000 KM (1900 miles) in 3 weeks!

So far I love it !! The fast recharging is it's main advantage. But I also like the iPhone app (updates are 3 times faster than the VOLT iphone app), and the range prediction is very precise! You can actually reset your trip meter when you want and you get the KwH used in real time, so you know exactly how much is left.

I even made 402 KM (250 miles) in just one day ... thanks to public L2 stations @ 30 Amps !

We love our VOLT and FFE combo ... the gas station will be needed very RARELY !! :)

Back