Front Plate Mounted Dead Center on the Grill.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
v_traveller said:
The smaller dealerships I got the FFE and Volt from took the usual 4 to 5 weeks. The RAV4 EV, which was from Carson Toyota, took much less time - less than 2 weeks, from what I recall. And from what I can tell, they outsource their DMV registration process - the plates came in the mail from some company, not directly from the DMV.

Since I have a white FFE and the CA plates are white, I just have the bare plate on the mount, with the bottom slipped under the two tabs on the mount, and the top fastened by the two top screws.

Thats the way I put the front plate on as well. How did you mount your back license plate, plain or with a frame cover?

My two new license plates came in the mail yesterday in an envelope after less than 5 days from when I signed the papers at the dealer. The package also included a $20 check from the dealer for refunding excess DMV license fees - the estimate on the lease agreement was $20 more than the amount listed on the registration so that checks out.
I just checked the return address on the envelope and sure enough it was the local dealer's address so they were the ones that directly mailed the new plates, stickers and registration from the DMV to me quickly. Excellent quick service!

I've got one one of these plate frames on the rear...

00994.jpg

20141004_181621.jpg

This is how my FFE's front license plate holder was installed by the dealer and with my new plate screwed on with nothing else added.

KGr_Hq_N_o0_FHiwc_FTZYBR5c_BN3_CZ_60_57.jpg

I bought this set of license plate screws with black covers and they fit perfectly on my new 2014 Ford Focus Electric.
Makes the license plates look snazzy now and black rather than silver at the two upper mounting points.

v_traveller said:
Cool! Where'd you find them?
Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121145031558?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Only $5.25 and they arrived in 3 days from my order.

FFE_New_License.jpg

Here is what my FFE rear license plate looks like with the new two top screws & black covers plus a low profile glossy black ABS plastic frame.
I got the black frame on ebay as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281328834761?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

NightHawk said:
This is how my FFE's front license plate holder was installed by the dealer and with my new plate screwed on with nothing else added.
Seems they got it slightly off-center. You can tell by the distances from the angled pattern in the grill slats on each side of the plate. Not equal. (Hope I didn't just make you not able to "un-see" that. But, it is off-center.) :|

I always wonder how dealers manage to mess this up, considering that are indentations where the screws should go for a perfectly on-center mounting.

Crazy! Did preconditioning the car do much to melt the snow off your FFE?

Nope, No amount of pre-con at 9f help that morning :lol:
Still, Charge was perfect and did alright in the snow. Traction control was kicking in and the low rolling resistance tires certainly aren't the best in snow and low temps.

H

Back