Charging fine, But Charge ring no longer illuminates???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach-Black

Just last week I noticed my charge ring is not illuminating when I am plugged in an charging. At first I was worried the car was not charging, but was able to confirm through MFM that it was charging just fine and work up to a full battery.

I saw on the previous sync software (you tube videos) that you could go into setting-> vehicle and control when the charge ring illuminated, however that menu is not present on my car for some reason.

Does anyone still have the settings -> vehicle -> charge ring menu on their Sync?
Has anyone had this issue? Did it ever get fixed?

I would like to have the ring illuminate since it makes me uneasy not knowing if it is charging after I plug in.

If the whole thing isn't lighting up, checking the setting would be a good idea like you mentioned. I had one segment burn out and had to have the dealer replace it...the whole ring. To get to the setting, touch the "gears" at the bottom of the screen. Then touch the car logo. The last menu item there has the charge ring settings...unless you have and older vehicle and didn't get the update.

We are able to turn the charge port light ring on & off. I sometimes turn it off when I don't want to draw attention to the car while charging outside at night.

Zach-Black said:
I saw on the previous sync software (you tube videos) that you could go into setting-> vehicle and control when the charge ring illuminated, however that menu is not present on my car for some reason.
What version of MFT do you have installed?

Hi Wattup,

I the dealer updated the Sync system last March that included updates to the dash display (i.e regen circle when throttle was released. I will check the version within the settings tomorrow and post.

Thank you for reading the post fully. :)

Back