20A Level 2 vs 32A Level 2

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

I think I've been experiencing this as well: I have my JuiceBox set to only deliver 27A to the car and on the really cold days (with preconditioning on) I leave home with a 97% charge. I also tested this with the LCS-25P with the same results.

cwstnsko said:
At this setting, the front and sides stay clear and I only have to use the rear defroster for a few miles during my 15 mile commute.
How do you activate the FFE rear defroster specifically?
I haven't found a setting just for the rear, only overall defrost which I'm not clear activates the rear as well as the front?

NightHawk said:
cwstnsko said:
At this setting, the front and sides stay clear and I only have to use the rear defroster for a few miles during my 15 mile commute.
I haven't found a setting just for the rear, only overall defrost which I'm not clear activates the rear as well as the front?

There is a separate button for it under the climate controls above the shift lever.

esears said:
NightHawk said:
There is a separate button for it under the climate controls above the shift lever.
Clever how they hide these buttons in plain view, eh? ;)

esears said:
NightHawk said:
cwstnsko said:

Yeah I found that button today.
I had been looking on the main LCD screen under the climate control screen but there was no control for it there - kinda odd, every other climate control feature can be controlled from the LCD touchscreen except the rear defroster?

cwstnsko said:
fcs14_models_detailflip_single-speed_automatic.jpg

What is the other button(?) to the left of the rear defroster button for?
Also what is that area to the right of the rear defroster button?

NightHawk said:
cwstnsko said:

What is the other button(?) to the left of the rear defroster button for?
Also what is that area to the right of the rear defroster button?

On the left is the 'passenger air bag' light. It is for turning off the air bag if a child or small person is sitting in the front passenger seat. To the right are two slots for holding cards such as gift cards or ID cards. I believe if you have the sun roof option, that would be where the controls for it would be instead of the card slots.

The empty spot to the right is where the "self park" (known as "Park Assist" in Ford speak) and "parking sensor disable" buttons are located (its the same dash as our Escape which has those features).

Rogerschro said:
To the right are two slots for holding cards such as gift cards or ID cards.
I never knew that!

Seems somewhat awkward to slide cards in or out when the shifter is in the Park position, though.

Also, a small pocket (that you could still get your fingers into) seems like it would have been more practical than just card-sized slots (that you might insert something smaller than a card into and never get back out!).

Steve0512 said:
Did Ford think ahead enough to give us a place to store our Chargepoint and Blink cards?
Those cards are too small (the ones I have are smaller than credit card size). I'm afraid they would slip into those slots never to return.

Besides, charge network cards are better kept on your key chain, IMO. They are also usually designed for that (at least the ChargePoint ones are).

I think we are over analyzing Ford's intent for that plastic piece. Manufacturers routinely user plastic pieces to cover spots where optional controls may go in.
Ford put a plastic piece with thin slots to cover the place where the optional park assist control would show up. It happens to have slots that can hold little credit cards, wasn't a conscious decision by Ford.

My 2 cents.

focussed said:
I think we are over analyzing Ford's intent for that plastic piece. Manufacturers routinely user plastic pieces to cover spots where optional controls may go in.
Ford put a plastic piece with thin slots to cover the place where the optional park assist control would show up. It happens to have slots that can hold little credit cards, wasn't a conscious decision by Ford.

My 2 cents.

I've had it out of my SEL, it has the slots, with holders behind engineered into the piece.The design is such that a standard c/c will not go completely in so you can't lose it. About 1/8 of it sticks out. It was intentional, not just a plug with a slot (2) in it. Clearly intentional.

On my dime! LOL!

Rogerschro said:
It was intentional, not just a plug with a slot (2) in it. Clearly intentional.
I agree.

I looked closer and tried them out today... the slots are exactly the width of a standard credit card and just deep enough to securely hold the card while still allowing a "finger sized" portion to stick out. It's not just a "false vent" or something. They are exactly card-sized pockets.

WattsUp said:
jmueller065 said:
My Chargepoint card is the same size as a credit card? Is yours smaller? (like a grocery store loyal customer card?)
Yes, mine is small, and has a hole for placing on a key chain.
Did they not offer y'all two cards when you signed up? When I signed up a couple of years ago, chargepoint gave me two cards - one keychain-sized which I used immediately, and one credit card. The keychain one delaminated and stopped working last month, so now I'm using the credit card.

Back