'12 Tuxedo Black Delivered in Miami!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blavenn

Not sure if I'm the first or not to have one shipped here to the southeast region, but I think its safe to say I'm one of the first if not the only one to own this car in the sunshine state!

Purchased from Santa Monica Ford below MSRP to cover some of the costs for shipping cross-country via an 8-car semi-trailer, showed up in mint condition (other than a few water spots) after a one week trip. Must've been pretty good decent weather!

IMG_20120708_173637.jpg

IMG_20120708_173654.jpg

Nice! Pretty jealous. My tuxedo black departs on a truck from LA on Wednesday, headed up to Seattle. Glad to see there are a bunch of crazy people on this forum shipping cars to all sorts of places. Waiting until "maybe November" for Seattle just wasn't cutting it for me.

Did you ship it enclosed? Did you wash it to make it look that good? I shipped a car from Seattle to Philly in an open carrier and I'm pretty sure it hit every insect on I-90. You could barely see the car underneath all of the dead bugs, and I had to detail immediately to get it all cleaned up.

Needless to say, I sprung for the upgrade on an enclosed carrier for the Focus Electric.

wow, very cool. would you mind sharing shipping costs or give an approximation? did you buy or lease?

We shipped my daughter's Fit from Virginia to Orange County, CA, 2 years ago and I think it may have been as much as $900, but then again $650 comes to mind. Well that wasn't much help.

Back