2012 FFE 150 miles. What's it worth?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having just bought a 2014 a couple of months ago, I think your price point is going to be tough to get. We paid about $21,000 for a new 2014 with leather after our federal tax credit and got 0% interest over five years with nothing down. For people in states that offer state tax credits, it would be cheaper.

Be careful about holding it too long. Already next month it will be 2015 and you'll have a 2012 model year car you are trying to sell. The new Volts will be announced next month too and I think their value prop is going to be a bit better. Mitsubishi is also coming out with the Outlander PHEV next year in the U.S. so lots of other options will be on the market soon. Personally I wish I had a chance to test drive the Kia Soul EV but we in Hawaii aren't so lucky to get stock.

Do local dealers let you sell on consignment?

Good luck!

I stopped by a random dealership today, and after much conversation, they offered $14k. I think I can do better than that though, so turned it down.

Do you have a CarMax nearby? If you are going that route, I'd recommend you at least try them.

Olagon said:
Having just bought a 2014 a couple of months ago, I think your price point is going to be tough to get. We paid about $21,000 for a new 2014 with leather after our federal tax credit and got 0% interest over five years with nothing down. For people in states that offer state tax credits, it would be cheaper.

Be careful about holding it too long. Already next month it will be 2015 and you'll have a 2012 model year car you are trying to sell. The new Volts will be announced next month too and I think their value prop is going to be a bit better. Mitsubishi is also coming out with the Outlander PHEV next year in the U.S. so lots of other options will be on the market soon. Personally I wish I had a chance to test drive the Kia Soul EV but we in Hawaii aren't so lucky to get stock.

Do local dealers let you sell on consignment?

Good luck!

Thanks. But my car is essentially the same as a 2014 right? With some added content? (Rain sensing wipers, home link..) The warranty jUST started in Oct too so it's a "near new" showroom condition car listed for $5000 less than someone could buy a "new" one After they get the tax credit....With the same warranty coverage. I thought the price was very fair considering it has only 200 miles.

Unfortunately it looks like I might have to go the eBay route... Thanks again all.

brogult said:
I stopped by a random dealership today, and after much conversation, they offered $14k. I think I can do better than that though, so turned it down.

Do you have a CarMax nearby? If you are going that route, I'd recommend you at least try them.

Unfortunately no. Went the dealership route as I'd like to move the car before the end of the year... We'll see!

Focus12titanium said:
Thanks. But my car is essentially the same as a 2014 right? With some added content? (Rain sensing wipers, home link..) The warranty jUST started in Oct too so it's a "near new" showroom condition car listed for $5000 less than someone could buy a "new" one After they get the tax credit....With the same warranty coverage. I thought the price was very fair considering it has only 200 miles.

Unfortunately it looks like I might have to go the eBay route... Thanks again all.
It is basically the same. That's why I said I wished you had been selling it in May or June of this year because we almost certainly would have bought it. We wanted a 2012 because it has extra features, but we couldn't find one so we settled for a 2013. While your car doesn't have many miles on it the warranty clock has started ticking which means that someone who doesn't drive a lot of miles will be shorted on the monthly warranty terms.

The only concern some informed FFE shoppers may have about a 2012 is that the 2012s had the SSN issue. That was fixed since it wasn't a mechanical issue, but rather a software issue, but some may still be afraid because of that.

Just listed on eBay! Will keep everyone posted!

The warranty JUST began too on 10/31/14, so hopefully that's even added incentive to take a good look at this one.

Thanks all.

Back