New Pricing and incentives for 2014 and 2015 FFE's

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lease is up on my 2012 Focus Electric on March 2nd 2015. At this point I can buy a new one for less than the residual (approx $21500) on my 2012 if I consider the $7500 federal tax credit. Can I extend the current lease? Are there options to extend beyond 30 days? (My current lease is $199 month).

-I will likely wait and see if there are incentives on a lease. I prefer this given potential battery degradation and future technology improvements.
-I live in NJ. I checked a few shipping companies online and it looks like if could ship from WI about $500? I would rather deal with someone that knows the car.
-I have my old ICE car so I am not too concerned about a gap of not having a car other than I prefer to drive my Focus Electric
-I could wait until May, June...when there could be reasonable local dealer stock on the 2015. With the reduced price Ford finally may be ready push this car.

Almost 2 years have gone by since I leased my Focus Electric and to me this is still the best reasonably priced electric car out there. (Yes I would love a Tesla but just could not justify the $80-$100K price.) I want a good looking "normal" car, not some goofy comic car like the Leaf or Soul. I will look at the eGolf but I doubt they can come near the price of the Focus Electric and to me they are very similar.

stretch, You should get ahold of Ford Credit and ask for a lease extension. Usually they only allow a 2 month extension, let them know your scenario and that a ordered replacement FFE should fall into that timeframe. They will send out some paperwork for you to fill out, the lease extension terms are the same as your regular lease, same payment, same miles per month. They may require you to provide proof that you have a car ordered.

I would assume the lease will still be offered. If we put an order in and there isn't when the car comes in, I would give you right of refusal on the car. (I really, really doubt that would happen.

I appreciate the desire to buy from us, and have had many dealings with people from this board. If i could sell one into NJ, that would be awesome. It would be the furthest point we have delivered a FFE to. (We did sell a Navigator to a guy from Alaska, and he drove it home)

PM me if you'd like to move along with putting an order in or you have any other questions.

John

Just wondering with recent fuel price decrease will there be any great incentives in early 2015 on the 2015 FFE model ....looks like everyone be going for a big suv/truck with the fuel price to go down even more as low as 43 $ per barrel.

lietuviukasd said:
... looks like everyone be going for a big suv/truck with the fuel price to go down even more as low as 43 $ per barrel.
Though they probably won't be as gas-happy a year or so from now, when prices go right back up.

People forget history (the best predictor of the future) far too easily.

Green Car Reports is a bit more optimistic on EV sales even with cheap gas:
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1095905_cheap-gas-will-cause-electric-car-sales-to-plummet-true-or-false

Back