Hurry up and produce the Ford Focus Electric!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer

Hey Ford, Here's a tip!

Get going and make the car and start selling it! There's plenty of us that want to buy one. Look at what Nissan has done and learn from their mistakes. Take pre-orders, take lots of them from anybody that will pay a $99 down payment. Build the Focus Electric like mad men so you have thousands of them ready for your launch date. And then deliver them. Don't promise things and keep bumping it back. We've seen this with:
- Nissan Leaf pre-orders, and people still having to wait months for orders they put through months ago
- Fiskar Karma keeps bumping back their release date and promises
- BYD e6 has bumped back their promised dates again as well
(if you need more info, just look around the internet. the MyNissanLeaf.com forum and this Ford Focus Electric Forum are just full of buyers waiting and hoping for a car!)

If a company would come to market when they say they will with an Electric car they could take the market by storm. I think the Ford Focus Electric has the looks as well as the features that EV buyers want.

A little less talk and a lot more action!

(I couldn't help it)

dreamer said:
Hey Ford, Here's a tip!

Get going and make the car and start selling it! There's plenty of us that want to buy one. Look at what Nissan has done and learn from their mistakes. Take pre-orders, take lots of them from anybody that will pay a $99 down payment. Build the Focus Electric like mad men so you have thousands of them ready for your launch date. And then deliver them. Don't promise things and keep bumping it back. We've seen this with:
- Nissan Leaf pre-orders, and people still having to wait months for orders they put through months ago
- Fiskar Karma keeps bumping back their release date and promises
- BYD e6 has bumped back their promised dates again as well
(if you need more info, just look around the internet. the MyNissanLeaf.com forum and this Ford Focus Electric Forum are just full of buyers waiting and hoping for a car!)

If a company would come to market when they say they will with an Electric car they could take the market by storm. I think the Ford Focus Electric has the looks as well as the features that EV buyers want.

A little less talk and a lot more action!

(I couldn't help it)

And here we are 7 months later and still no Focus EV -- I'm fortunate as Nissan pushed up the queue for the Leaf in Chicago so have one on order that will arrive in November; really thought the Focus EV would beat it to Chicago but now I'll wait for the C-Max to replace an ICE minivan (the hybrid, not full electric) to set along with my new Leaf; I wonder just how many they could have sold to people who are opting for the Leaf because it's simply not available?

Wow, it's cool, or actually not-cool but interesting, to see this was posted back in February.

I'm sure Ford could've stolen many Nissan Leaf customers and had them buy a Ford Focus electric since the Leaf is still in short supply. However, the Ford Focus Electric is still as elusive as the sasquatch, so Ford doesn't have any to sell which means they may be in the same boat as Nissan, with just as poor of a launch schedule that leaves many pre-registrants dissatisfied. Although, like the Leaf, nothing turns a disgruntled customer happier than actually finally giving them the Ford Focus Electric they've long been waiting for.

I so agree! Ford seems to be making very sure that the Focus Electric gets a lot of publicity – pace car for the Richmond 400, a Yahoo! Reality series, the Men’s Health electric car challenge, and a Facebook page, to name just a few. There may be many early adopters (myself included) who will get excited by all of this publicity, only to find out that the car won’t be available in their areas until some indefinite time in the future. I still can’t find out, for example, when the Focus Electric will actually be sold in Indiana where I live. As a result, I am seriously thinking about getting a Nissan Leaf or a Chevrolet Volt. If Ford continues to pursue this extremely slow rollout of the Focus Electric, they may find out that many of their early potential customers have already bought a competing vehicle.

well, I did get a call last week and was told my car is now in production. Don't know what that means in terms of delivery. He said anywhere from two weeks to three months and it sounds like mine will be the first batch they get.

well, I did get a call last week and was told my car is now in production. Don't know what that means in terms of delivery. He said anywhere from two weeks to three months and it sounds like mine will be the first batch they get.

Mine was ordered from NY dealer on 11/29/2011. Received Vin # on 2/2/2012. Was told it was finished and on the Dearborn lot 3/15/2012. Was told it was on the carrier and would be delivered the week of 4/9/2012. Still waiting.

They have to build the hype for the ford focus electric! It works, but their is certainly an excitment threshold to get your hands on a focus ev. When you have your ford focus electric you'll think back on how the wait was worth it; as long as it didnt go on any longer.

A year and a half later and still no real reports of consumers getting there hands on the Focus EV. I am with you "dreamer" the wait has been long enough. Come on Ford! Let some of the ford focus electric forum members have their focus electrics already. Even Ford's main selling point over the Leaf (6.6kWh charging power on the Focus EV instead of the current Leaf's 3.3kwh) will be obsolete by December when the new Leaf's roll out with the 6.6. Sadly enough I think this statement might be all too true:

"the Focus EV, currently, is a "compliance car" . . . manufactured in just enough quantity to appease Califonia's CARB standards and, generally, unavailable to most who will be asking for one"

GreenRPMs said:
A year and a half later and still no real reports of consumers getting there hands on the Focus EV. I am with you "dreamer" the wait has been long enough. Come on Ford! Let some of the ford focus electric forum members have their focus electrics already. Even Ford's main selling point over the Leaf (6.6kWh charging power on the Focus EV instead of the current Leaf's 3.3kwh) will be obsolete by December when the new Leaf's roll out with the 6.6. Sadly enough I think this statement might be all too true:

"the Focus EV, currently, is a "compliance car" . . . manufactured in just enough quantity to appease Califonia's CARB standards and, generally, unavailable to most who will be asking for one"
Having driven the Focus Electric, I think that buyers that can afford to wait will be very please when they take delivery. IMHO, it is not interchangeable with the LEAF. They appeal to different buyers (sporty vs family). Even both having 6.6kW chargers in 2013 will not make them equal.

I was in the MINI E and LEAF rollout, and both took months longer than planned. There is a long list of new processes that have to be built and tested to deliver and service an EV, even for experienced auto manufacturers like BMW, Nissan, and Ford. Initial quantities are limited, not all dealers will be prepared to support the first wave. And there is the whole infrastructure side that the auto community is not used to working with. They don't yet know what they don't know. Ford should take the time to get it right, because buyers will be happier in the end if they do.

While worth it in the end, definitely true that “The waiting is the hardest part”.

Back