Just wanted to share the news!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! Ooh Ruby Red. I've seen a few Focuses sitting at the plant in that color (yup there are 2015 Focuses sitting in the plant lot now) and they look really sharp.

Thank you! I work in a Ford assembly plant and have always been in love with our shade of red. (It's the tinted clearcoat that really gives it depth). I was super excited when I saw they were expanding the color choices this year and included Ruby Red. Goodbye Ice Storm Metallic, we will always remember you. The up charge for the red hurts a little bit but is well worth it.

That's a funny story. I've seen pictures on our web portal of the installations in Dearborn. They are beautiful. Once you get away from the motherland, things aren't always as pretty. I work at the Chicago Assembly Plant, so far they installed one charger right outside of the executive offices. 3000 people work at this location and that's where they put the one charger they installed. Even if I needed to use the charging station. I couldn't get in the doors on that side of the building. And if I could it would be a quarter mile walk for me.

Great ! Congrats I am in process also none of Chicago dealers cant locate one, because other dealer don't want to trade and I don't want buy direct ,so I need to purchase from IL dealer so I can collect the state tax incentive federal don't matter where you buy. Just curious from which dealer you buying from Chicagoland and how much was your negotiated price, we don't know what will the cash-back or apr will be until the time of delivery? Did they take deposit?
Thanks

So the story goes, last September my wife wanted a new car. She set her mind on a Ruby Red Ford Edge. A car that was somewhat hard to find. Westfield Ford in Countryside, IL had what she was looking for in stock. So off we went. Dragging me along because I hate the car buying experience. I build cars for a living. The 14 robots that I am responsible for, process 1200 cars a day. I am not in love with cars. I have absolutely no emotion about them. To me, they are just a form of transportation.

We get to the dealer lot and are met by a pleasant young lady named Sydney. My wife being chatty found out that They both are graduates of U of M (Go Blue!). So they bonded. I knew at that point that this was going to be a long day. Being a Ford employee, I receive A Plan pricing, so the deal was pretty straight forward. Not that they didn't try to muddy it up. The price changed three times. But in the end they made us an offer that was reasonable for everybody and we closed the deal. Once the negotiating was over, I was much more at ease. We still had a few hours of paperwork and car prep ahead of us that my wife was handling, so I started to wander around.

Even though they are electric certified at Westfield Ford. They had no plug in vehicles on premises. I saw two chargers inside the service bay. But ICE vehicles were parked in front of them. I have been ready to purchase an FFE for several months. Working for Ford, and a member of UAW. It's not like I can go buy a Nissan Leaf or a Toyota Prius . Unfortunately, there has not been an FFE for purchase within 200 miles of Chicago for months. I knew I would have to order one eventually. So I was waiting for the 2015 models. While wandering in circles, I started a conversation with Rob the sales manager. Rob is an affable man. Younger than I would expect for a sales manager. Knowing that I needed to order the car I wanted. And knowing that Rob soon needed to order 2015 cars for his showroom. I mentioned to him that if he ordered a red Focus Electric with leather seats. To give me a call when it came in and I would take it off his hands. Rob thought that was great. Because in his words, "they make us take them anyway". I don't understand why a dealership would go to the trouble of becoming electric certified, if they didn't want to sell electric cars. But whatever.

Earlier this week, forum member jachady mentioned that Dearborn opened up ordering for the 2015 Focus Electric. We dug Sydney the salesgal business card out of my wife's glove box and I sent her an email to remind her of my interest. She responded that they did not know the order bank was open, but would remind Rob of my request. Two days later, she emailed that the order has been placed. They asked that I come in and give a $500 deposit. I assume it is to keep that car reserved for me when it arrives. I will do that on Friday.

Yes I have a car on order that is intended for me. Yes I will be giving them $500 of my money as a deposit. No, I don't know how much I will be paying for the car or when I will receive it. Because Ford recently included the Focus Electric in its A Plan pricing. I pay a set price for the car. Ford hasn't announced what that is yet. But I know it will be in line with the 2014 prices and include the recent $6000 price adjustment. The only thing I don't know is if there will be any good incentives in place when I complete the sale. Do any of the car dealers on the forum know if Ford offers any incentives at new model launch?

There you have my story. Sorry it's so long.

Hmm thats weird that they dint gave you a price with out the incentives or cash back....I been negotating my price and I know I can get it for 28,700 and still trying to get that down plus all the doc fees plates and taxes ...I will let you know how that goes

It's really nice that you can get A Plan pricing now!! You should be able to do the $500 deposit with a credit card over the phone, without driving to the dealer.

hybridbear said:
It's really nice that you can get A Plan pricing now!! You should be able to do the $500 deposit with a credit card over the phone, without driving to the dealer.

My wife likes to find any excuse to take her car back to the dealer and get a free car wash. :roll:

If you are planning to buy one in the future, why not use Ford's special pricing for folks that own at least 100 shares.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303330204579250763759331636

From the article which is behind a paywall

Ford shareholders who have held at least 100 shares for at least six months get discounts on the purchase of a Ford or Lincoln vehicle under its "friends and neighbors" program.

To qualify, they need to fill out a form and send proof of stock ownership to the company, which in turn sends the shareholder a personal identification number to give to the dealer.

The actual dollar amount of the discount varies by model and dealer availability, but a letter sent to shareholders describing the program says the price is approximately 4% above the employee price, "saving hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the purchase price."

Ford has about 3.8 billion shares outstanding, 43% of them held by individual shareholders, though fewer than 1,000 or so cars a year are sold to shareholders using the special pricing, a spokesman says.

Also called X Plan pricing. If you know a Ford employee Or retiree you can ask them for the hookup. I think I get four of those a year to give away.

People who work for Ford dealerships also have a discount plan that is different from ours. If you know someone who works for a dealership they also may be able to generate a PIN for you

The proffit margins on a FFE are very tight. In fact i think that Ford may be selling these cars at a loss. So special factory discounts are in all likely hood to be less than normal. The sales of these cars outside of california are relatively low. Here in the midwest seeing another FFE is a very rare event. I really hope this changes in the near future. But for the plug in hybrids this seem to be a different story. Dealerships actually have some inventory of these vehicles.

X-Plan is also available to vendors of Ford. So if you work for a Ford Vendor (Magna, Sirius/XM, etc.) you should be able to get X-Plan pricing as well.

Ford Motor Company stock is going for $15.61 a share.
This information is for those who are thinking of investing.

Back