How long did your factory ordered FFE take to arrive?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did earlier but I was fumbling thru the menus trying to figure things out. Who needs manuals, right? I may have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere. It was 512 Wh/mi. the first time I drove it :lol:

Either that or you used one key the first time, turned on the enhanced trip meter and then on the 2nd try used the other key. (With the trip meter displaying on the left keypad hit the right arrow to turn on the enhanced trip meter--if I remember correctly.)

The car keeps the dash settings for each key (freaked me out until I figured that one out).

Congrats on the best looking FFE color there is... ok yeah I'm biased (and I may change my mind once I see a red 2015 FFE).

Thanks. That makes sense. I had both keys on me since I was bringing it home for the first time. It seems we agree on color choices. I was eyeing the red 2015 if my 2014 never showed up. Although, I've always been a fan of cobalt blue and the new 2015 blue looks like it could also be a winner. BTW thanks for your post in another thread about cracking a window in the cold. This morning my pre-conditioned mobile sauna was almost too hot. It almost got down to a bearable temp by the time I got to work and the fresh air kept my windows from fogging.

Glad to hear you are putting it to use right away. Sorry I couldn't send Zach with the driver to walk you through some of the features and settings. Obviously you will find most of the info on this board but feel free to call me if you have any questions.

btw - I like the look of the Salted Blue Candy :lol:

John

jmueller065 said:
Either that or you used one key the first time, turned on the enhanced trip meter and then on the 2nd try used the other key. (With the trip meter displaying on the left keypad hit the right arrow to turn on the enhanced trip meter--if I remember correctly.)

The car keeps the dash settings for each key (freaked me out until I figured that one out).

Congrats on the best looking FFE color there is... ok yeah I'm biased (and I may change my mind once I see a red 2015 FFE).
This freaked me out at first too!!

You can use MFM to "personalize" the keys. Key #2 seems to be the dominant one. It is for our Focus Electric & Fusion Energi. It also is for my parents' C-Max Energi. Dominant meaning that if both keys are in car the car will think that key #2 is the one doing the driving. Which key unlocks doors or where the keys are located in the car has no impact. If #2 is present the car thinks it is driving.

I ordered mine March 15th. I work at a Ford dealer and my sales manager told me up front it might be three months or more. According to the last e-mail we saw from Ford my car will be scheduled the first or second week of May. No confirmation on the scheduling yet though. Still hoping I get mine by the end of May, but probably not.

Ordered on April 19 and it arrived at my Livonia, Michigan dealership (Bill Brown) seventeen weeks later. Elsewhere here I read that the Michigan assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan only assembles Focus Electrics on one or two days near the beginning of each month. BEV sales have been climbing; even the normally abysmal demand for this car went up, hence my extended time of arrival.

Gary said:
Ordered on April 19 and it arrived at my Livonia, Michigan dealership (Bill Brown) seventeen weeks later. Elsewhere here I read that the Michigan assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan only assembles Focus Electrics on one or two days near the beginning of each month. BEV sales have been climbing; even the normally abysmal demand for this car went up, hence my extended time of arrival.

I can never understand how Ford process their orders. I ordered almost a month before yours and I'm still waiting for mine :(

The blend date on my window sticker is August 17th but on ETIS website it still hasn't updated anything: The build date is still 30.11.0002, and myfordmobile app doesn't recognize my vin either. Not sure what's going on, probably got delayed due to parts? :(

I was at the dealer Saturday and the salesman (we all know how reliable they can be) told me they expect 2018 FFE on the lot in mid October. I'm going in on October 1 to order one. Still can't decide between metallic green and metallic red.

I'm hoping the 2018 model comes with blind-spot warning and 160 mile battery range. I'm easy.

Why can't you order one now? It usually takes a few months from order until you get it. Or are you hoping to get one that is already allocated to your dealer?

triangles said:
Why can't you order one now? It usually takes a few months from order until you get it. Or are you hoping to get one that is already allocated to your dealer?

October 1 is the date I'll have all my ducks in a row. I'm making my final FJ payment in the middle of September, plus I'll be getting some extra income around then ($2k).

I wanted to pick one up a few months ago but my wife said NO. I think I won the ensuing argument, because she applied a few pre-conditions, and I quickly agreed... 1. Pay off the FJ. 2. Get L2 chargers installed at work.

My boss is on-board with the new chargers and my FJ is almost done ... so ... the stars will be aligned October 1st. My wife is still not happy but ...

I'm going to order Hot Pepper Red Metallic (see top pic below). It's a little redder than the 2017 Ruby Red Metallic (bottom pic)

rzodqlnvlzremzi8wh6m.jpg

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I see people tag their "born-on" date. When you place an order do they give you the vin number and let you track it's birth? Or do I just plop down some cash and wait ... and wait ... and call ... and wait?

Smoking_Rubber said:
I see people tag their "born-on" date. When you place an order do they give you the vin number and let you track it's birth? Or do I just plop down some cash and wait ... and wait ... and call ... and wait?
Good luck with your 2018, I hope everything works out for you. I suspect you'll wait longer than any dealer will claim. Don't let them fool you.

I'm in Ontario. Here's my timeline so far for my 2017 FFE order:

* April 18, 2017: Order sent from dealer to Ford
* July 24: VIN assigned, ETA delivery of Sept 28th. I had to call Ford Customer Care weekly asking if there was any update on my order. My dealer was useless.
* August 29: Window sticker created, build date scheduled for Sept 7th

If the car actually makes the ETA, it'll have been almost 6 months from order to delivery - yikes, but par for the course with EVs and on top of that, the huge EV rebate here in ON.

Smoking_Rubber said:

You get something like an order # that the dealer can track to some extent. A few weeks before it is built the VIN will get assigned. At that point you can pull back the window sticker and the top of the sticker will list the build date.

virulent said:
Smoking_Rubber said:
Good luck with your 2018, I hope everything works out for you. I suspect you'll wait longer than any dealer will claim. Don't let them fool you.

* July 24: VIN assigned, ETA delivery of Sept 28th. I had to call Ford Customer Care weekly asking if there was any update on my order. My dealer was useless.

If the car actually makes the ETA, it'll have been almost 6 months from order to delivery - yikes, but par for the course with EVs and on top of that, the huge EV rebate here in ON.

The available options are so limited (leather or no leather) why wouldn't you just do a dealer trade for one of the cars already built? There are 20+ FFE on lots in Southern California and I'm sure they could have gotten you one in a week. Is there something abnormal about a Canadian car? [Insert Canada joke here] You've waited this long, you should get a 2018 model automatically.

I want a 2018 so I expect to wait a little while, but basically the first red car off the line will be configured exactly like I want so I kind of expect to get one of the first few cars off the line. Six months of waiting would SUCK!

don't wait till October, order one NOW! if you're lucky you might get it before the end of the year and then you can claim the tax credits with this years taxes. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait until March-April to get yours. I ordered mine in July and got it in November.

Smoking_Rubber said:
virulent said:
Smoking_Rubber said:

The available options are so limited (leather or no leather) why wouldn't you just do a dealer trade for one of the cars already built? There are 20+ FFE on lots in Southern California and I'm sure they could have gotten you one in a week. Is there something abnormal about a Canadian car? [Insert Canada joke here] You've waited this long, you should get a 2018 model automatically.

I want a 2018 so I expect to wait a little while, but basically the first red car off the line will be configured exactly like I want so I kind of expect to get one of the first few cars off the line. Six months of waiting would SUCK!
There are 0 in all of Ontario, is why ;-) There are limited quantities in random parts of Québec, but that means I'd have to get it here and also apply for the ON $14k rebate myself.

Any one knows how Ford's delivery process works? My 2017 FFE has been showing awaiting for shipment for 2 weeks, still no idea when it will get shipped and when I can get it. :(

Back