MFM iPhone app now has push notifications (which don't work)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hybridbear said:
Ever since I turned off the push notification for "charge complete" I stopped getting text messages when the charge is complete even though the text message box is still checked. I have tried toggling that check box but the text message notifications don't come back. MFM also perpetually shows "Sync Pending..." for me when I open the notification settings screen.
This was not a problem with MFM. Somehow text messaging was accidentally deactivated for my phone by IT. I finally figured it out this weekend and it has been corrected. Now I receive text messages from MFM again.

Has anyone else noticed that the icon's "badge count" (the little number at the top left on the home screen) seems to be exaggerated a bit? For example: When I check in the morning after the car has done a value charge my iPad's notifications show two: the start charging one and charging complete, but when I look at the apps badge it shows 4 or 5.

Its easy to clear them: just run the app. Even when I go into the activity log it only shows the two entries as being new.

Just adding to this thread that: The Android version of the app recently updated and also provides push notifications there as well (and they work at least they do on my S5 running Kit Kat).

jmueller065 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the icon's "badge count" (the little number at the top left on the home screen) seems to be exaggerated a bit? For example: When I check in the morning after the car has done a value charge my iPad's notifications show two: the start charging one and charging complete, but when I look at the apps badge it shows 4 or 5.
Not sure.

Sometimes I think it is just because I haven't opened the app on my iPhone since the last few notifications, and they "pile up" in terms of the counter. But, if I have checked the notifications elsewhere (like on the MFM website), I might "feel like" I've already seen those notifications. But, on my iPhone, it is just that I haven't opened the MFM app since the last few notifications.

Btw, fwiw, I still get no sound or vibration when the MFM notifications arrive on my iPhone. I am thinking of switching back to text notifications.

For a short time the notifications stopped showing the description of the notification. This happened on both our iPhones and on my Nexus 7 tablet. Now they are back to showing the full notification, such as "Elektra is scheduled to begin charging soon and needs to be plugged in".

jmueller065 said:
Just adding to this thread that: The Android version of the app recently updated and also provides push notifications there as well (and they work at least they do on my S5 running Kit Kat).

Do you or anyone else know if there is a Public API that one could develop for to create their own app? I think Fords Apps are lack luster (I'm being kind)....

No public API that Ford provides, but I did reverse engineer the AJAX calls the website uses (its really easy to do: Just use the developer tools in Chrome and watch the network traffic. All the endpoints that end in PS are calls that actually return data).

Search the forums here someone and myself posted a bunch of info.

jmueller065 said:
No public API that Ford provides, but I did reverse engineer the AJAX calls the website uses (its really easy to do: Just use the developer tools in Chrome and watch the network traffic. All the endpoints that end in PS are calls that actually return data).

Search the forums here someone and myself posted a bunch of info.

Thanks, I'll take look.

Many people still prefer writing their article or content by hand. They are so used to writing sentence by sentence and paraphrasing written content by hand when required that they find it hard to trust any free article spinner tool. They find it the best way to ensure the quality of writing. No doubt this is the safest approach, but it can also be very time consuming, it may take hours or even days. Another easier way to rewrite content is by using an article rewriter tool. This is the approach usually preferred by lazy ones or the people who realize the importance of time, which is why they are always on a hunt for best article rewriter, and preferably a free one. If like most people, you understand the importance of time then you have landed on the right page. There are hundreds of free article spinner software out there that can assist you in rewriting any content. So there is no need to waste time when you can save it with the help of a paraphrasing tool. Right?

Typically people find online services or products using search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. All search engines, notably Google, have a particular set of parameters for website ranking or showing web pages in search results. One of the keys to achieve a reliable and long-term search engine optimization is to post a lot of readable and quality content to your website.

The more unique and well-written content your site contains, the more chances it will have to get properly indexed and thus appear in search engine results. The better quality content means you will have better opportunities to attract more traffic to your website.
restore iphone from icloud
Nothing is wrong in trusting a useful tool to paraphrase or rewrite content for you, as it only means choosing a way that will help you save time and perform efficiently. There are many free article spinner or article rewriter tools, so you can easily find one that best fit your needs. You can choose the best article rewriter according to your needs and requirements.

Back