FFE rear side power windows - Lower all the way down?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawk

I just noticed that on my FFE the rear side power windows don't lower all the way down like the front (driver and passenger) side windows do.
The rear side power windows on my FFE go down most of the way but leave a couple inches of glass sticking up at the bottom at the lowest it will go down. Both sides in the rear are doing this identically, so I doubt its an obstruction or something like that.

Is this normal? I don't normally use the rear seats so its not a big issue, just curious.

WattsUp said:
NightHawk said:
I just noticed that on my FFE the rear side power windows don't close all the way down like the front (driver and passenger) side windows do
You can fix it. See this thread:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=867

My understanding of the problem is that it's not a problem - many vehicles don't allow the rear windows to completely lower, leaving a few inches of glass exposed. I just now tried the 'solution' mentioned in the other thread, but I have no change to my 2014 FFE. There is about 3" of glass exposed at the highest point:

image.jpg

Abelgoddard said:
My understanding of the problem is that it's not a problem - many vehicles don't allow the rear windows to completely lower, leaving a few inches of glass exposed. I just now tried the 'solution' mentioned in the other thread, but I have no change to my 2014 FFE. There is about 3" of glass exposed at the highest point.
Oh, apologies. I thought thought the OP was complaining that the one-touch "auto down" and "auto up" feature was not working for the rear windows. This can be fixed (enabled or disabled) as described in the other thread. It is just a matter of programming of the power window units on each door.

But, yes, in many cars, the rear windows might not go all the way down. This isn't because it simply isn't "allowed", it is because there physically isn't enough room inside the door for the window to fully descend. Typically, the cutout for the rear wheel is in the way. I believe this is the case for the Focus (and can't be "fixed"). :)

WattsUp said:
Oh, apologies. I thought thought the OP was complaining that the one-touch "auto down" and "auto up" feature was not working for the rear windows. This can be fixed (enabled or disabled) as described in the other thread. It is just a matter of programming of the power window units on each door.

But, yes, in many cars, the rear windows might not go all the way down. This isn't because it simply isn't "allowed", it is because there physically isn't enough room inside the door for the window to fully descend. Typically, the cutout for the rear wheel is in the way. I believe this is the case for the Focus (and can't be "fixed"). :)

Yeah I was commenting about the rear windows not being able to lower completely like the front windows.
But apparently this is normal, thats all I wanted to be sure about.
Again I was just curious about it since I don't really use the rear windows, I just opened them all to air the car out today after using ScotchGuard protector spray on the cloth seats.

Cool. That's what I thought, but I had to test it out just in case I was the one missing something! :D

Back