MFM thinks my FFE is a boat

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Tonight, my FFE is safely in my garage charging, but the Vehicle Locator and Station Finder on the MFM website shows my car sailing off the coast of California:

At least it is cruising somewhat near the Bay Area! :D

It actually looks like just the longitude is messed up (skewed miles west into the ocean). The latitude seems about correct.

That seems to happen from time to time with all GPS. Ours actually had the car going the opposite direction, driving across buildings in Chicago and then out into Lake Michigan. After about 10 minutes of that it snapped to correct.

It has happened on my multiple Garmin GPS and the Tesla.

WattsUp said:
Tonight, my FFE is safely in my garage charging, but the Vehicle Locator and Station Finder on the MFM website shows my car sailing off the coast of California:
"I'm on a boat!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg
This came to mind when I read your post.

This has happened to us too, but only with the Energi. A few times it has though that it's in the mountains of West Virginia (incorrect latitude & longitude). My parents' Energi has been shown as in the middle of Lake Michigan and in South Dakota a few times as well. Both of those could possibly be correct latitude but incorrect longitude.

Back