Zippy or Zen - Who's the Zippiest of them all?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithium

I pretty much boot along at 10mph+ over posted and enjoy the grinding of my tires. Not afraid to lay someone to waste at the light, if I think I can take 'em. Thinking of the "use your torque wisely" motto.

I'm still no where near Zippy on my driving style gauge. So Who's the Zippiest of them all?

H

Well so far I've given two Focus ST's a run for their money (I wasn't able to beat them in a down right drag race but I was able to keep up enough to prevent one from getting in front of me and got the other so stuck in traffic that the look on the driver's face was priceless once they caught up with me enough to realize what kind of car that has been ahead of them! LOL)

jmueller065 said:
Well so far I've given two Focus ST's a run for their money (I wasn't able to beat them in a down right drag race but I was able to keep up enough to prevent one from getting in front of me and got the other so stuck in traffic that the look on the driver's face was priceless once they caught up with me enough to realize what kind of car that has been ahead of them! LOL)
Too much testosterone in those STs! I smiled at this. Also understanding the ST demographic - it fits.

Oh we go the opposite side of the spectrum. There's a little game to see how much range the car can have on it when fully charged. If my 23 year old son drives, the number is low.

There is a another side: you can do it, you don't have to prove it. Like driving a Ferrari around at below the speed limit. You know you can, you don't have to show off.

The first week after I bought the car, I drove it like a nun, trying to maximize my energy usage. Now, knowing that I can charge to nearly 100% at work, I've been driving normally (fast). I absolutely love that 40MPH-80MPH sprint on the freeway, from the on-ramp to the number-one lane. Now in my third week of ownership (except for standing-starts), I drive it like my gas vehicle (fast).

studio460 said:
The first week after I bought the car, I drove it like a nun, trying to maximize my energy usage. Now, knowing that I can charge to nearly 100% at work, I've been driving normally (fast). I absolutely love that 40MPH-80MPH sprint on the freeway, from the on-ramp to the number-one lane. Now in my third week of ownership (except for standing-starts), I drive it like my gas vehicle (fast).
Ha! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. My favorite sprint is the El Segundo Blvd onramp to the 405 North. It's a short run between the onramp and the HOV lane entrance, and everyone in the left two lanes is usually going 75mph+. Typically pegging it at 85-86mph to merge into the HOV lane. Workplace charging rocks!

v_traveller said:
Ha! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. My favorite sprint is the El Segundo Blvd onramp to the 405 North. It's a short run between the onramp and the HOV lane entrance, and everyone in the left two lanes is usually going 75mph+. Typically pegging it at 85-86mph to merge into the HOV lane. Workplace charging rocks!
Ha! Me too! My route is through El Segundo, north on Sepulveda Blvd, then right onto the eastbound 105 via the Imperial Highway on-ramp, then the near-immediate transition tunnel to the 405N (75+). Just gotta check the HOV and number 1-3 lanes on your left for CHP before the run onto the 105E on-ramp (been nabbed there once in my ICE vehicle). On my commute in today, I slammed it through the 405N-to-101S transition up to the car's top-speed (85MPH+). Of course, this is much more fun when there's a brand new BMW535i there to pass.

Certainly a set of stickier rubber could add a whole new dimension to this car. I recently saw the Leaf with really sticky rubber video and it pulled close to 1g on the skid pad. I hear my tires scrubbing all the time when you push the corners. I'm not too impressed with the electric power steering when you dive into a turn. It's very sensitive and over boosted on center when the torque steer kicks in. The brakes also are a little confused between regen and friction when you're in aggressive mode. The pedal travel etc feels off when you're trying to shift the weight of the car with a dab of brake. She's no autocrosser! :lol:

H

Back