Why does Ford think evening is good time to shut down MFM?!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Hey Ford... any evening is a not a good time to perform site maintenance. Something like a Wednesday night, at 3am, would probably be smarter.

Or, avoid shutting down the site altogether! Prepare the new site on a second set of servers and swap them over with minimal interruption.

Geesh. 1997 called... they want their web servers back.

At my company, we get a warning the day before (or at least a few hours before) "scheduled" maintenance.

In my view it's not "scheduled" if you don't find out about it until it's happening.

Also, moderately funny: The banner ad over the top of the MyFocusElectric forum right this minute is for the Fiat 500e, with the little detail that it's available "only in California and Oregon". Oregon was added, what, Monday ?

Lol I agree. I wish they would alert users to when they're planning to shut down the website. My bank does that. If they're going to take the online banking portal offline they have a pop-up message the appears when logging in days or weeks in advance. At work I use the Wells Fargo portal to manage our P-card program and we're usually notified days or weeks in advance of scheduled maintenance and it's usually early on a Sunday morning.

You're probably putting too much thought into it.

Much like the car, even if it says its "down for maintenance" I'm sure it was unplanned and something crashed (remember the message on the dash when Sync/er Windows is rebooting).

It looks like the MFM website is down tonight at the worst time - I am getting a Fault While Charging Error, the blue rings will not light up, the app is down, and the site is down. Sucks this is the first time my car hasn't charged correctly. So weird.

Entourage said:
It looks like the MFM website is down tonight at the worst time - I am getting a Fault While Charging Error, the blue rings will not light up, the app is down, and the site is down. Sucks this is the first time my car hasn't charged correctly. So weird.

HA! So YOUR car is to blame for the site crashing! LOL! J/K

Back