Home Depot run

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinilk

Yesterday we picked up 18 bags of concrete mix to finish replacing a wall in our basement.

Hmm, that might be too much to haul in the FFE...
Rent a pickup and waste gas? Nah.

Solution: Two FFEs!

(The ice storm one on the left is my dad's.)

WghilQk.jpg

CQIKfeQ.jpg

I'm not sure what is better about that photo:
  • That you got 9 bags of cement into your FFE or
    that you convinced your father to purchase an FFE!

(I probably would have overloaded the FFE by also putting the bags in the back seat & front seat making it look like that car you see on the internet all the time:
http://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/homestorecar-jpg.8286/
)

jmueller065 said:
I'm not sure what is better about that photo:
  • That you got 9 bags of cement into your FFE or
    that you convinced your father to purchase an FFE!

(I probably would have overloaded the FFE by also putting the bags in the back seat & front seat making it look like that car you see on the internet all the time:
http://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/homestorecar-jpg.8286/
)
Unfortunately I can't take credit. My father was the early adopter, I didn't know the FFE existed until he bought his.

A little cement dust on the trunk carpeting already bothered me-- I don't think I could bring myself to put bags in any of the seats.
My previous car is an older Golf (needs a head gasket) so the picture of the overloaded Jetta is especially appropriate!

Is that with the rear seats down too?
You do lose some rear window visibility with cargo stacked that high but the side mirrors can cover pretty well.
Take out that cargo management block in the rear area and gain more space down there too.
I'd just cover the whole area and rear seats with plastic sheeting first.

NightHawk said:
Is that with the rear seats down too?
You do lose some rear window visibility with cargo stacked that high but the side mirrors can cover pretty well.
Take out that cargo management block in the rear area and gain more space down there too.
I'd just cover the whole area and rear seats with plastic sheeting first.
We didn't fold the rear seats down. I hear you about removing the cargo management stuff for things like groceries. For loading 80-pound bags of concrete without breaking my back, having the cargo shelf folded flat at waist height, with some cardboard laid down for easier sliding, worked pretty well.

We could've physically fit more than 9 bags but we didn't want to overload the springs too much. That's 720 pounds in each car-- more weight than if you added a 2nd HVB back there! :?

tinilk said:
We could've physically fit more than 9 bags but we didn't want to overload the springs too much. That's 720 pounds in each car-- more weight than if you added a 2nd HVB back there! :?
Ah yes, the added weight is more the issue in this case.
720# thats like carrying 4 extra adult passengers!

Back