Next car after Ford Focus Electric?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NightHawk said:
michael said:
Didn't Nissan believe that liquid cooling was unnecessary?
Its an acknowledged Nissan issue in very hot environments like Arizona.
It is widely believed that Nissan simply wanted to get the car to market, and keep costs low, and didn't have the time or motivation to integrate liquid cooling.

Even the "lizard" battery is not likely to perform as well as a temperature-managed battery.

hybridbear said:
EVA said:
ElSupreme is right, on the Tesla forums there is so much wringing of hands and predicting that everybody is going to sell their model S for the D - dual motor - (I think every other thread is about that). And they are all complaining that the resale value of the current cars has just gone to the toilet.
I don't understand why Tesla owners would be concerned about this. Didn't Elon personally guarantee the resale value of Teslas stating that they wouldn't depreciate faster than a comparable luxury car?
Never said they were rational!

You get that option to resell the car to Tesla at 2 or 3 years if you financed the car through a Tesla deal (Tesla doesn't finance the car there are three banks that do the financing). I forget what the value is. Some of these people paid cash for their cars.

They also like to whine a lot.

EVA said:
This makes a bit of sense in some cases. Even though the Model S is sold as a "luxury car" there are a few buyers that "bought up" (e.g. the Model S is the most expensive car they have ever purchased and, before it was announced, they probably never thought that they would even be in the market for such an expensive vehicle). From that perspective those buyers are going to be very vocal about every little thing simply because "I paid a lot of money for this car, I expect everything to be correct/sparkly/etc."

jmueller065 said:
EVA said:
This makes a bit of sense in some cases. Even though the Model S is sold as a "luxury car" there are a few buyers that "bought up" (e.g. the Model S is the most expensive car they have ever purchased and, before it was announced, they probably never thought that they would even be in the market for such an expensive vehicle). From that perspective those buyers are going to be very vocal about every little thing simply because "I paid a lot of money for this car, I expect everything to be correct/sparkly/etc."
That's the way I am with the Fusion & Focus. I'd never bought a new car before and before they were announced I never thought that I would be in the market for such an expensive vehicle. So I can understand.

jmueller065 said:
EVA said:

It's actually mostly the other way around. The people used to S classes and 7 series are the ones whining. The Model S is very nice inside, so the people that bought up (like me ~4x more expensive than my previous car purchase) are very pleased with the interior, and the fit and finish, it is better than what I am used to. But the people who swap new $80k+ cars every 18 months are the ones that have lower than expected creature comforts.

It's bizarre sometimes.

Back