Battery Percentage

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is far easier to go to mapquest and just send a location to the car then to have to type it in with the nav:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/10/06/where-ever-you-go-there-you-are/

jmueller065 said:
It is far easier to go to mapquest and just send a location to the car then to have to type it in with the nav:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/10/06/where-ever-you-go-there-you-are/

I couldn't get that to work.
On mapquest thru my PC browser under the Send menu there is no "Car" selection.

Go to mapquest.com enter in a location to search for. Once you've searched the location hit the drop down button on the send button. Send to car does not show up until you've searched for something.

I just tried it and "send to car" showed up.

NightHawk said:
I discovered for a round trip I could enter a location as a "waypoint" and specify no charging there and then enter a second location as a "destination" like my home with charging there. Then the display's surplus miles would be for the round trip, exactly what I wanted to see.
Yup, waypoints are intermediate destinations. You can indicate that you'll charge at any or none of them. But, the surplus always indicates the "extra" range you'll have when you reach the first charge point.

NightHawk said:
However, I haven't figured out how to assign a location as a special designation "WORK" like they have for "MY Home" ?
I don't think there is one. The best you can do it save it to Favorites, I would think.

The street name and number entry is like Hertz NeverLost - it only allows letters or numbers it thinks are valid. I think that is a Magellen thing. I know Garmin doesn't do that.

That entry thing can be seriously frustrating.

I never did find a way to change the city automatically either - always have to start with city entry, and then go from there.

I'm with you. It would be nice to have battery percentage visible in the instrument cluster. FYI on my 2016 FFE I found the battery percentage on the SYNC screen under charge settings.

Back in 2014 with this thread was started, the %charge was not available. It wasn't till an update to Sync that added a tab to the home screen to get the tab with the state of charge and start times etc. My 2012 also has the charge info and suspect they all do now...on the infotainment screen.

Back