New Pricing and incentives for 2014 and 2015 FFE's

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jachady

It appears Ford dropped the price on the FFE by $6000 including all in stock or inbound cars. They now start at $29995 MSRP to better align them with the competition on internet pricing. The rebates and incentives (retail and leasing) have all changed as well. I will be letting our customers that have cars coming in if the total pricing restructure is really better. Sometimes Ford drops the price, but drops the rebate an equal amount. I will also post on here my findings.

John Chady
Havill Spoerl Ford Lincoln

Ford had a $6000 purchase incentive discount on the FFE for the past several months.
However I noticed today at the Ford website they now still show the same MSRP for the FFE but have reduced the Ford incentive to $4000 for a purchase.
They also have reduced the lease cash incentive to $10,000 (it was $11,750 last month when I leased mine)

Steve0512 said:
Are there really any FFE's still sitting on dealer lots? There hasn't been an FFE within 200 miles of Chicago since August.

There are quite a few still on several dealer lots down here in San Diego county.
So there is probably nearly 20 FFEs at all the dealers total down here right now.

I believe that is what Ford did on the Fusion Energi models near the end of the 2013 Model Year. They dropped the sticker price by $4000 but then decreased their incentives by $4000. The lower sticker price benefits consumers in states like MN where our yearly license plate registration fees are based on the vehicle MSRP and not your actual purchase price (like sales tax). We're paying more almost $100 per year more for the Fusion Energi than our previous Fusion Hybrid because of this and also paying almost $100 per year more for the Focus Electric compared to the Prius it replaced for this same reason.

There are very few of them, and Ford always has differing reasons for what they do. The memo I saw said they were reducing the price to better position themselves pricewise on the internet vs. the Leaf. My thoughts are, why would they do this unless they were planning on attacking the Leaf on the sales front? They are already selling everyone that they build with the current pricing.

jachady said:
There are very few of them, and Ford always has differing reasons for what they do. The memo I saw said they were reducing the price to better position themselves pricewise on the internet vs. the Leaf. My thoughts are, why would they do this unless they were planning on attacking the Leaf on the sales front? They are already selling everyone that they build with the current pricing.
I hope that this is a positive sign about Ford producing more FFEs. I imagine that many potential buyers are turned away from the FFE because they see a higher MSRP and don't know about Ford's incentives. Removing the incentives and lowering the MSRP will allow car reviewers to state that the FFE is priced competitively with the Leaf instead of saying that the Focus is many thousand dollars higher.

From the Ford site as of 10/16/2014:
MSRP $35,170
Incentive: $4,000 + 0%/60 months.
Less incentive: $31,170

So about the same as before 09/30/2014:
MSRP $35,995
Incentive: $6,000 + 0%/60 months.
Less incentive: $29,995

Difference: +175 at current offer.

You're off by a thousand, plus your original MSRP does not include destination charges.

I see off Edmunds it lists the FFE for MSRP 29995, but I am assuming that is the 2015. It would be sweet if we could get that MSRP plus the 4k incentive though. I am seeing the original 6k incentive for the Los Angeles region though.

It usually takes a few days for everything to settle out when Ford makes such a drastic change. Once I see the final word, I'll post it up. I do know that the price change is for sure, I'm just not sure how the rebates will adjust.

John

jachady said:
It usually takes a few days for everything to settle out when Ford makes such a drastic change. Once I see the final word, I'll post it up. I do know that the price change is for sure, I'm just not sure how the rebates will adjust.

John
Thanks! It'll be interesting to see what they do.

longschlng22 said:
You're off by a thousand, plus your original MSRP does not include destination charges.
Oh, I thought it did. All I did was subtract the $995 from the MSRP with leather (to compare like models) from the price on my sticker (which I believe includes destination). Can someone else check the current numbers for Los Angeles County?

Yep looking at the pricing on this FFE in NY and this one in WI it appears they dropped the price $6k, still have an incentive but dropped it to $4k, and 0% financing for 60mo. So net price the FFE just got $4k cheaper! Not that I am complaining but it is a bit perplexing considering how few of these they make. I figure they either aren't selling enough in California to meet the California mandate or Ford just might get serious about producing and selling this car in 2015. I'd go with the former if I were a betting man.

triangles said:
So net price the FFE just got $4k cheaper! Not that I am complaining but it is a bit perplexing considering how few of these they make. I figure they either aren't selling enough in California to meet the California mandate or Ford just might get serious about producing and selling this car in 2015. I'd go with the former if I were a betting man.

Ouch! I just purchased FFE last Friday without this price change and now feeling like I got cheated...
With $6000 drop in manufacturer's price, I would have saved on the CA state tax (9.25%) by about $555. And on top of that Ford still has $4000 incentive. Thats a swing of $4555 down within a week. I suppose there is no recourse after inking the deal last week?

Usually there is no recourse. However, because of the extreme change in price combined with when you took delivery you may have a slight chance (very, very slight) of getting something. Call Ford Customer Relationship Center at 800-392-3673.

The other possibility, and maybe one to try first, is to contact the dealer you bought it at. See if they have reported the sale to Ford, some dealers report bi-weekly. If they haven't reported, maybe they would re-write the deal for you. It doens't affect their profit, just time and headache for the offices. If this option works, bring in a treat for the guys when you show up.

Thank you jachady for the very helpful pointers!

The dealer says they have already reported the sale. I have contacted Ford and explained the situation. They will get back to me hopefully soon.

Will keep you and the forum posted.

The main Ford site still shows the MSRP starting at $35,170 (plus a $4,000 incentive). Can anyone see this $29,995 price for a car in California?

jachady said:
It appears Ford dropped the price on the FFE by $6000 including all in stock or inbound cars.
Well, thanks for the head's up, John! At least new buyers can now get a great deal. I bought my FFE 20 days ago. I'm going to back to the bathroom to finish crying now . . .

The main Ford website still shows the $35,170 price, but when searching inventory, you will see the window sticker for the 2014 models is now $29,995. Then deduct the $4,000 incentive and the actual sales price is $25,995.

The lease price also went down. Previous lease already included the full $6k incentive along with another $5k. That changed to a total of $10k but the lease price for the 2014 Focus Electric went down to $199/mo with $2,189 down.

Now this is $25,995 and a $199/mo lease for a loaded Focus Electric, compared with a matching sales/lease price for a stripped Leaf S with 3.3kWh onboard charger. Nissan is also offering a $3,500 incentive now, but that only brings the base Leaf S to the loaded Focus Electric price for sale and lease with is a win for the Focus Electric.

I don't see a reason why the $4k incentive should not remain throughout 2015, since the 2015 Focus Electric is very much the same exact vehicle as the 2014 model with a few updates. But where it matters and where costs would have an impact, battery size and range remains the same. And with the new e-Golf coming with more range, Focus Electric and Leaf has to be positioned quite a bit lower in price to make sense to the consumer.

Also, I would suggest that if anyone bought a 2014 Focus Electric within 30 days, I would contact Ford directly about a price adjustment, as it is a corporate price change beyond the dealer that is at work here.

Back