Order 2012 Focus online?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys ready for this one....

I was informed by George Rice at Galpin Ford in North Hills California (Los Angeles Area) that they sold my Electric Focus to someone else even though I had a deposit on it.

They said that there was a mistake with the paperwork but I don't buy it

The General Manager said that he ordered me another one for me but that I would have to wait for it.

Anybody know what recourse I have?

well I don't know. If you paid a deposit that pretty much completes the requirements for a contract - offer, acceptance, exchange of value.

Don't know if you could show any damages in a civil suit, which is about the only thing that would make them go out of their way to fulfill their obligation in a hurry.

Dave_M said:
They said that there was a mistake with the paperwork but I don't buy it

My guess is someone showed up that wanted one sooner and was willing to pay and extra $1,000 or whatever, so your order got hijacked. I can't believe the dealer admitted that they are selling the car to someone else, I bet this happens more than we know and the dealer just keeps mum and the guy who has to wait longer is none the wiser.

I don't know what recourse you have, but I would surely find another dealer.

Back