FFE rear seats middle headrest removal?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawk

In the two half rear seat area of the Ford Focus Electric there is 3 headrests.
The one of the far left and far right side can easily be popped completely out and stashed under the back of the front seats allowing the rear cushions to come up and the rear seats to fold down without hitting the back of the front seats.
However the middle headrest of the rear seat area refuses to come out for me, I can push the button and make it go up and down (this is just like the headrests on the front seats) but can't get it come out completely no matter how hard I try!
If I could get it to pop off whole rear seat area will fold down nice and clean.
I saw a post in an older thread where a FFE owner indicated he had removed all the rear headrests and didn't mention this problem.
Is there a trick I'm missing? Can anyone help me on how to do this if its possible?
FYI, I have an FFE with cloth seats not the leather seats, don't know if that matters about the headrests...

Re-posting here just in case...

Glad you asked. Lift the headrest as high as it will go using the same method as you did with the outer ones, pressing the button on the black part on top of the seat. Facing the rear of the car, there's a secret release button on the right side black thing for the center head rest. The recessed button faces the part where the center belt exits the top of the seat back.

IMG_6842.JPG

Another tip: When the seat bottoms are folded up and forward they can still interfere with the folding down the rear seat backs to the flat position. Instead of adjusting the front seat back angle to upright position, you can just push forward on the rear seat bottoms briefly to allow the rear seat back to drop to the flat position. I've seen a lot of FFE owners who didn't realize they can flip the seat bottoms up. It's not obvious and you have to give a pretty good yank on the rear edge of the seat bottoms before they let go.

Photo%2520Oct%252020%252C%252015%252024%252006.jpg

Full album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102324539916158885601/FFE_Cargo_Mode?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Thanks very much for that tip, I finally easily got that middle rear headrest off now!
Its thicker than the side rear headrests so I couldn't just stash it behind the front seats like the other two, it would prevent the rear big seat cushion from going down all the way.
So I just took it out of the car and I'll save it in a box in my garage.
I would never have a person try to use the middle "seat" in the rear anyway - its hardly big enough for a little kid.
I like the bigger clearer rear window view without the rear headrests up too.
I'm single so this car is just for me and sometimes one passenger, no need for the rear seats for me I prefer a larger rear cargo area.
Your photos really show what this car is capable of with proper cargo management - taking out all the excess stuff back there.

I have the opposite problem - I got the middle head rest out but I cannot put it all of the way back in - anyone have this problem? There is a lot of usable space back there. I can put in a full set of drums. The dealer had no clue on how to lower the seats when I purchased the car. - frustrating

NightHawk, I originally asked a question about the cargo area here, but moved it to the cargo thread here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1936&p=14496#p14496

epaminondas said:
I have the opposite problem - I got the middle head rest out but I cannot put it all of the way back in - anyone have this problem? There is a lot of usable space back there. I can put in a full set of drums. The dealer had no clue on how to lower the seats when I purchased the car. - frustrating
You have to push the release button to reinsert the headrest.

Back