Some minor modifications

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerschro

So I've added a few things to the FFE. These are parts off of my SEL when I traded. Here is what the SEL looked like with the interior woodgrain kit
100_1753.JPG

And here is the FFE with a toned down look.

100_1931.JPG

100_1927.JPG

I also added the side wind deflectors to the front doors. I didn't add the rears, but may in the future.

100_1934.JPG

100_1935.JPG

Yes, he is missing the [ on the closing img tag: [/img] (his look like: .jpg/img] )

Not sure I like the look of that woodgrain kit. I guess I'm too used to the sleek/modern look of a Focus that I've been looking at for about 3 years now (had an ICE Focus before the FFE as well).

jmueller065 said:
Yes, he is missing the [ on the closing img tag: [/img] (his look like: .jpg/img] )

Not sure I like the look of that woodgrain kit. I guess I'm too used to the sleek/modern look of a Focus that I've been looking at for about 3 years now (had an ICE Focus before the FFE as well).

Thanks for the heads up! I fixed it. I think the color is a bit off for the wood grain but it is what I have so I thought I'd use it. If I don't like it I can always remove it with no harm done to the interior. I'm a bit old school in I like chrome and wood grain. I think a darker grain would work better with the colors. Still need to do the window tint but that will have to wait 'till spring..

I was beginning to think I was the only one left with “dinosaur tastes” liking wood grain and chrome. Properly done wood and chrome can enhance any interior and you can never have too much chrome on the exterior!! (Witness the Lotus Evora chrome treatment in the movie Host!) These wood panels are very nice accents which I agree would be better if they were a darker stain but nevertheless very nice touches. Odd that you didn't put the wood trim around the door handle though! I take it these were actually removed from your SEL and put into the FFE but are they original trim to the SEL or aftermarket additions? I’d certainly consider putting them into my ’15 FFE when it eventually arrives if they are not cost prohibitive.

Thanks for sharing

Carl

cpwl said:
I was beginning to think I was the only one left with “dinosaur tastes” liking wood grain and chrome. Properly done wood and chrome can enhance any interior and you can never have too much chrome on the exterior!! (Witness the Lotus Evora chrome treatment in the movie Host!) These wood panels are very nice accents which I agree would be better if they were a darker stain but nevertheless very nice touches. Odd that you didn't put the wood trim around the door handle though! I take it these were actually removed from your SEL and put into the FFE but are they original trim to the SEL or aftermarket additions? I’d certainly consider putting them into my ’15 FFE when it eventually arrives if they are not cost prohibitive.

Thanks for sharing

Carl

It is an aftermarket kit. I may add the door handles later, just trying a bit at a time. The kit is all 3m double sided tape so no damage to interior, but a bit of a pain removing it. I had to recut some new 3m to reinstall on the FFE.

Rogerschro said:
It is an aftermarket kit. I may add the door handles later, just trying a bit at a time. The kit is all 3m double sided tape so no damage to interior, but a bit of a pain removing it. I had to recut some new 3m to reinstall on the FFE.
Can you post the brand and supplier? I might consider the same in a carbon-fiber look. In fact, wish I could replace the entire interior with after-market parts (I can't stand beige). Can our factory leather seats be dyed gray somehow? I almost stopped the deal, and was going to buy a non-leather FFE instead, then throw the cloth seats away, and install Recaros or something.

studio460 said:
Rogerschro said:
Can you post the brand and supplier? I might consider the same in a carbon-fiber look. In fact, wish I could replace the entire interior with after-market parts (I can't stand beige). Can our factory leather seats be dyed gray somehow? I almost stopped the deal, and was going to buy a non-leather FFE instead, then throw the cloth seats away, and install Recaros or something.

I got mine from CarID. The kit was from Remin. They do offer carbon kits as well. Not exactly cheap but it is reversible, you can take it back off without ruining the interior. I'd think you would be able to die your seats and door panels the color you want. There are leather dyes out there and the seats are dyed the tan color. I had a Ranger that was all grey interior i just couldn't stand to look at, so i got interior paint from the auto store meant for seats and panels and sprayed them a dark green color. I had it for about three years after that and had no issues with it. I even sprayed the 'felt' backs of the seats and they turned out fine. No reason to think you couldn't do something similar to the FFE.
Here is a link: http://www.carid.com/2013-ford-focus-wood-grain-dash-kits/

Rogerschro said:
. . . so i got interior paint from the auto store meant for seats and panels and sprayed them a dark green color. I had it for about three years after that and had no issues with it. I even sprayed the 'felt' backs of the seats and they turned out fine./
Interesting. Do you still know the brand of the product you used? So, are the center-stack overlays an exact fit for the FFE, same as the ICE version? Thanks for the link!

studio460 said:
Rogerschro said:
. . . so i got interior paint from the auto store meant for seats and panels and sprayed them a dark green color. I had it for about three years after that and had no issues with it. I even sprayed the 'felt' backs of the seats and they turned out fine./
Interesting. Do you still know the brand of the product you used? So, are the center-stack overlays an exact fit for the FFE, same as the ICE version? Thanks for the link!

The Remin kit is the same fit for the FFE, the only difference interior-wise is the gage package above the steering wheel. All other parts are the same. The paint I used was from PPG. It is for interior Vinyls. There are dye for Leather, maybe check a upholsterer for that?

Back