Intelligent access keys & leaving your key in the vehicle

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davideos said:
All doors respond to the key fob on my 2012. However, only the front 2 doors have the black patch allowing the door to be locked when touched.
Yeah, the black patch is for locking, not unlocking.

All doors should unlock by grabbing the handle (assuming you have the fob).

My 2013 FFE will unlock by touching the backdoor handle if the front has momentarily locked me out. Anyone else able to do this?

Hugh said:
My 2013 FFE will unlock by touching the backdoor handle if the front has momentarily locked me out. Anyone else able to do this?
Yes: All the time--especially when I have passengers and one of them touches a handle before I get the chance to.

hybridbear said:
scoops said:
jmueller065 said:
In our 2013: Yes--touching any of the four door handles causes the vehicle to unlock in most cases LOL.
Uhh... I only have proximity unlock on the two front doors and the rear hatch.
What year is your FFE? Ours is a 2013 and it works on all 4 doors plus the hatch.
On my 2014, like 'scoops' (who I assume has a 2014), only the front doors unlock when I grab the handles. The owner's manual also says this is the case. Apparently one of the few changes they made between model years.

I'm used to it that way, so I confirm the car is locked by trying the back door handle, without having it unlock.

Back