Accident!!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happened again today! This time in the parking lot of our apartment building. Someone wasn't paying attention and ran into us. I'll post pics in a little bit.

Wow! Just don't drive it, or get another color!

I thought our old red ICE Focus was a magnet..sheesh it had nothing on your FFE (our ICE Focus never got hit but it had more door dings and scratches on it over the course of 3 years than any other car I've had).

We dropped the Focus Electric off at the same body shop who did the repair last time. They'll work directly with Progressive. No idea how long things will take. We got a 2014 Focus ICE SE to drive. The DCT is just AWFUL to drive. It's so rough. I hope our car repaired quickly.

hybridbear said:
The DCT is just AWFUL to drive. It's so rough.
I always enjoyed driving the ICE Focus around precisely because the trans felt like a manual. To me it made it feel more zippy.
My wife, on the other hand, couldn't wait for the lease to be up. She hated that trans.

I've been driving an ICE focus for 37 days now and I can honestly say, I can't stand it anymore. I'm not sure if the transmission has an issue, but it seems real jerky to me. There are a lot of features I miss: Nav, Sirius, quiet ride, smooth drivetrane (top of list), no need for gas (2nd). I also don't like fielding the question..."Hey, where's your electric car?"...which is also an indication of how much interest there actually is.

At least my new battery has arrived at the dealer and I should get it back early next week.

Man Hybridbear - you have no luck.

There is a programming issue with the ICE Focus. The clutches slip in first gear and Ford has extended the warranty and is providing free reprogramming and seal repairs if they leak.

My son has no problem with the jerking at take off. It drives me nuts. On the other hand, if you hit the accelerator harder, it doesn't chatter at all.

Back