Ford Focus Electric : Model S for the middle class!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc1234

Just in case you have not seen the blog post, a Forbes columnist compares the FFE to Model S for the middle class.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddwoody/2012/07/16/the-ford-focus-electric-a-tesla-model-s-for-the-middle-class/

I agree :)

2014 FFE Ice Storm

7/16/2012

Two year old article?

I think he got the title wrong, for the middle class? No for somebody that lives in an urban area and needs a car to commute or enjoy a city with. Class has nothing to do with it.

Actually, the comparison to the Model S - no not really either.

I love the idea that he mentioned two of the best cars built in the same title. But they aren't related at all, except that they both have electric motors and batteries.

At the current Ford incentive rates, it's really a car for anyone. When I look at the choices at around $25k at the same equipment option level, it's no comparison. The $1500/year savings versus ICE cars is just pure bonus. For my personal usage model, the range is not a problem 99% of the time and I would venture that it would be similar for 90% of commuters. The lack of sales for this car confounds me.

Yea, I find that most people I talk to have no idea how it works and generally dismiss it as being something not for them for fear of the unknown and unfamiliar. I think if more people really analyze the way they drive and just be willing to make some basic changes, it really can pay dividends over the long term.

It does still feel like we're a little ahead of the meaty part of the bell curve, but with the number of manufacturers that are now producing BEVs, I think we're on the cusp of the tipping point hopefully in the next few years.

I feel like dressing up in a white shirt and black slacks going door to door trying to tell people about the good news on how they too can know what the few of us now know! :D :idea:

Back