My Ford Focus electric is on the way.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whit - I'm going to be optimistic and say June 1st! I pick that date because Ford said the Focus electric would start deliveries in the Spring of 2012. May is definitely spring, but June is mostly a summer month so I think Ford will be pushing to get the initial releases of the Ford Focus Electric to the first customers by June.

I would agree with Marta's assessment, but obviously you will find out first hand when it actually arrives. My latest update from Ford of Canada states that "my" car will be assembled May 21st, with a June 05th delivery to Vancouver, BC. I remain optimistic, but reality says it may be later than this.

Robin Sipe.

My sales guy at South Bay Ford Lincoln just called to tell me that inventory has been delivered to the Ford distribution center in Miraloma, CA. The supposition is that the inventory will be released to the dealerships to coincide with a big PR event when Alan Mulally visits California later this month.

Fingers crossed.

This is really no different than @marta's post, but it cites the original Reuter's article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/18/us-ford-focus-idUSBRE84H19N20120518

This is the latest from my Ford customer service individual.

Mr. Foss,

Good news! The system has been updated and your vehicle is moving! It is only moving on the plant grounds at this time, but we are under the impression that it is awaiting its rail car. We should have more information within the next couple of days. I will follow-up with you and let you know any additional information I am able to obtain 05-25-2012.

Thank You 

And this is from my dealer and a reference from the sales manager...

Hi Wood,

Brian had heard that the EV's should be here by June 1. Sounds a bit aggressive with the holiday but we'll
see. Will let you know if I hear anything....

Regards,

Hopefully my last update from Ford Customer Service. (I doubt it!!!)

Mr. Foss,

Good news! The system has been updated and your vehicle is moving! It is only moving on the plant grounds at this time, but we are under the impression that it is awaiting its rail car. We should have more information within the next couple of days. I will follow-up with you and let you know any additional information I am able to obtain 05-25-2012.

"It's only moving on the plant grounds at this time..... Nice

This is from my dealer salesperson and a reference from the sales manager....

Hi Wood,

Brian had heard that the EV's should be here by June 1. Sounds a bit aggressive with the holiday but we'll
see. Will let you know if I hear anything....

Regards,

That's funny to say your Focus Electric is moving but only moving on the plant grounds :lol:

So friday is the day you find out more.... I'll be back on Friday to see what develops!

So, just called Ford customer service to check and was told mine is built and sitting there waiting to be shipped to the dealer with an estimated arrival time of June 7th. Of course, they last estimated April 30th so not holding my breath.

Hey, is anyone posting pictures of their new EVs? Don`t leave the forum once you`re behind the wheel, keep us in the loop!

whit that's amazing. i just ordered a Focus EV last weekend and signed on this forum, if you can post a picture or two that would be awesome, if you can break away from the Focus cabin for a few minutes :lol:

The Ford Focus Electric is finally here? It seems to good to be true!

whitgallman said:
Mine is at the dealer and I pick it up TOMORROW!!!
Dealer said he has it on the charger for me.
Honest!!!

Whit - that's great! Do let us know what it's like to drive a vehicle we've waited MONTHS to own!

Nal67 - it sounds like you aren't too far behind either! Where is your dealership located?

Back