Error with computing Wh/mi and energy used

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fusion Hybrid/Energi & C-Max Hybrid/Energi will leave the 12av power points hot for a different amount of time after the car is off depending on the SOC of the 12V battery. If the SOC is high then the power points stay hot for about 30 minutes. If the SOC is low then they turn off almost immediately. Perhaps the FFE does the same thing.

Davideos suggestion of a powerbank is a great idea. I've tested way more of these than you ever want to know about. Of all I've tested, this is probably the perfect one to use for that suggestion.
http://www.amazon.com/Eachine-Mini-Y2-Smartphones-Usb-charged/dp/B00HZ9GNGY
It is only $17 - fully charged it will charge an iPhone 100% one time (it charges at 2Amps so the iPhone charges in fast mode).
The thing is about the size of a nice flashlight - so you have an emergency flashlight super handy in the car.
There is a kind of unique cable in the box - it is a short combination microUSB and Apple 30 Pin plug. That one cable can be used to charge the battery and your phone.

The whole thing will fit in the console easily.

I haven't tested pass through charging in a long time. I'm not sure if this battery does that. Pass through means the battery can charge while you charge a device (meaning you could leave the battery plugged into the microUSB for charging while you have the phone plugged in and both will charge).

hybridbear said:
This is slightly different than what the OP started the discussion about, but has anyone else noticed that the Wh/mi in the trip graph on MFM doesn't match the Wh/mi shown by the car when turning it off? I need to take some pics to document this, but right now I'm too busy dealing with our accident and we aren't driving the FFE until it is repaired so I don't have data.
In another thread I posted the pics of my two trips from today. The first one said 171 Wh/mi when turning off the car and the trip graph in MFM shows 170.36 Wh/mi for that trip. The second trip showed 160 Wh/mi in the car on the trip summary but MFM shows 153.71 Wh/mi on the trip bar graphs. This is very odd. How is it failing to calculate this correctly?

Back