Has anyone used a Private Offer discount ?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kakkerlak

I've read on other Ford forums that you can sometimes get a "Private Offer" coupon if you request a brochure directly from Ford Customer Relations. These are worth $500 or $750 dollars depending on the vehicle.

Have any MyFocusElectric forum members received or used one of these coupons ?

I'm particularly interested in if they can be used along with the Costco negotiated price.

Those were available for sure a year ago. Bummer I didn't have one and the dealer couldn't do anything to help me since they get audited.

Can't tell you whether they still exist. There is almost always a $500 competitive lease discount if you currently lease another make car.

I went ahead and called Ford to just plain ask if they had a record under my "customer profile" of one being sent. Can't hurt to ask, right ?

They said that online brochure orders aren't tracked by the same system as telephone requests, but that there wasn't anything for my name.

And then he gave me the hint I was really looking for: "These take a while to send out because they are based on market research".

Based on my experience with negotiating with dealers in Seattle, Ford doesn't need to discount the Focus Electric here, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Kakkerlak said:
I went ahead and called Ford to just plain ask if they had a record under my "customer profile" of one being sent. Can't hurt to ask, right ?

They said that online brochure orders aren't tracked by the same system as telephone requests, but that there wasn't anything for my name.

And then he gave me the hint I was really looking for: "These take a while to send out because they are based on market research".

Based on my experience with negotiating with dealers in Seattle, Ford doesn't need to discount the Focus Electric here, so I'm not going to hold my breath.
I believe it's based on zip code. We tried to get one for each of our purchases and have never gotten one. My parents got one in one shot and got $750 off their C-Max Energi. It was a nice deal for them since they bought their Energi fairly early on when Ford was not discounting them.

Back