Their Focus Stock photo is an FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

I'm seeing this more and more: Articles about the Focus feature a photo of an FFE even if the story isn't directly related to the FFE. Case in point: Ford recalls 2014 Focus...
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140821/AUTO0102/308210108/Ford-recalls-2014-Focus-C-MAX-Hybrid-cars-potential-steering-gear-issue

and its really a non-issue given that only 600 cars were recalled and none were sold yet.

None of the press stories I read specified which Focus models.

I can see how even reporters in Detroit would assume that because the C-Max has hybrid and Energi models that the related Focus would be the Electric.

But as far as I can tell all 2012-2014 Focus models use the electric-power assisted steering (EPAS) system. The ST model has a more complex variable EPAS rack.

EPAS hasn't been a trouble-free technology for Ford (or anyone, for that matter). There's a class action lawsuit pending in California about steering failures, and high-speed wander is the other failure mode. Both are systemic problems and not related to the incorrect bearing assemblies in this recall.

So it's possible this recall affects Focus Electrics, and possible that it doesn't. Either way it sounds like Ford is on top of it.

This recall is only for a very specific number of vehicles--only 600 of them. None of them have been titled at this point (e.g. sold). Given that there is no need to dig further since all will be corrected before they get into customer's hands.

My point in posting it is just that they used an FFE image on the Detroit News article something that I frequently see whenever there is an article about the Focus in general (not that the FFE's are being recalled just that whomever grabs the images/artwork seems to grab FFE images more frequently than ICE Focus images. It is possible that since the new Focus looks a lot more like the Fusion and the FFE already has that sort of front end they make the mistake--but the recall is for the current Focus, not the new one).

I noticed that your profile says you're in Southeast Michigan... so of course industry news and the Detroit News are part of the atmosphere there.

Maybe it's the color; it's Ice Storm, right ? I don't know if Ford offers that on any non-hybrids.

[EDIT: Wait, the Detroit News story had a white one. Other photos I was thinking about used to illustrate the same story used an Ice Storm C-Max hybrid]

jmueller065 said:
Yes you could get Ice Storm on an ICE Focus (My father had one).
Correct, "could" is the operative word here. You can no longer get Ice Storm on any Ford that is not a hybrid or electric. (I think Ford goofed in 2011 when the Focus was first released and allowed a very similar color to be ordered on the ICE Focus.)

jmueller065 said:
unplugged said:
jmueller065 said:
Correct, "could" is the operative word here. You can no longer get Ice Storm on any Ford that is not a hybrid or electric. (I think Ford goofed in 2011 when the Focus was first released and allowed a very similar color to be ordered on the ICE Focus.)
And didn't the color have a different name when it was offered on the ICE Focus?

Back