Charge Port LEDs are dark

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frbill

I just took possession of my brand spanking new 2014 FFE. After some errands I plugged in the car with my L2 Charger, and the charge port LEDs did not light up. I thought, no big deal it must be turned off. I went into the settings and found that it was correctly set to LEDs on. Has anyone else had this behavior? Any info would be appreciated. I just hate to think I have to take it into service less than 24hours after I got it.

Peace,

Fr. Bill Kessler

It might be set to value charge - meaning delayed charge until later tonight. I had the same problem my second week of ownership. My son drove it and clicked the wrong buttons on the steering wheel and put it into value charge mode.

I'm sorry, my brain is drawing a blank on the details of how to set that.

Check the obvious (if not done already):
Do you know the L2 "charger" has power and is working?
Does it have correct lights (if any) on?
is the breaker pair for it on?
Does the car display "Charging" (upper right, I think) right after you connect it?

The car charged fine. The L2 lit up fine and MFM reported the car was charging. I had a full charge (GOM 139 ;) ) this morning.

Took it to the dealer today, told them I suspected a fuse. They took it back to the service bay, took out and then reseated the fuse. All better :D
Peace,

Father Bill

Back