More value charge problems...It thinks Monday is weekend

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

It's Sunday evening....I noticed that the value charge weekend value is scheduled for tomorrow, Monday.

Any one else see this? Is it somehow another programming screwup? Maybe the daylight savings confused it? Or am I the only one seeing this.

To be specific...it shows next start at 7 AM, November 4, which is Monday. That's the weekend value I have programmed. I tried changing both the weekend and weekday values, and it insists on using the weekend value for Monday. I reset the clock to GPS time, didn't help.

The value charge is all messed up. There is another thread that is also discussing it. I've got 2 "Home" profiles...one with value chaging times that do not reflect what it was before the change and the other seems to be correct. If I try deleting a profile or updating one, it fails to update my FFE and the website reverts back to before I make the change.

It doesn't really matter to me right now because it is currently correct from the car's point of view. It starts charging at midnight.

I had exactly the same problem for a remote site. I did a factory reset. It still isn't exactly right.

Value charging doesn't work right.

MyFord app doesn't work.

Ford says they fixed the SSN problem. I'm not ready to believe them.

The car thinking monday is the weekend is an old problem and has been with MyFordTouch for quite some time now--so far I've experienced that in 3 different MFT vehicles.

The problem with the FFE, though, is that it actually uses that for the value charge (the other two cars I had: ICE Focus, and Edge it didn't matter and you would only tell by going to the calendar and seeing what day it thought it was).

I even mentioned this in my "tips and tricks" blog post:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/09/30/some-tips-and-tricks-for-focus-electric-and-my-ford-touch-drivers/

jmueller065 said:
The problem with the FFE, though, is that it actually uses that for the value charge (the other two cars I had: ICE Focus, and Edge it didn't matter and you would only tell by going to the calendar and seeing what day it thought it was).
I guess I never noticed because my value charging is the same on the weekend as it is during the week. Do you guys have different midnight rates on the weekends?

I'm having a new problem with value charging: it won't let me switch into it at all.

On the settings screen, the "charge now" and "value charge" buttons are there, with the "charge now" button highlighted, and nothing happens when I select the "value charge" button.

When I turn off the car, the dash display shows me the two options, but I can no longer select it.

I've also discovered that I can no longer edit the value charge times. It seems like the whole value charge function is just completely hosed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

[There are a half dozen threads in this forum about value charging problems, most started by jmueller. Let's try to keep all the commentary in this thread, for easier reference and better search hits.]

ChrisC said:
[There are a half dozen threads in this forum about value charging problems, most started by jmueller. Let's try to keep all the commentary in this thread, for easier reference and better search hits.]
Wouldn't it make more sense to use the existing threads, rather than start a completely new one?

Precisely. PRECISELY. Which is why I replied to an existing thread!

I'll dig up the other threads and link to them here. This just seemed to be the best one to continue on (reply to) since it actually had some other replies.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1847
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1376
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1294
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1150
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1277

See my point? :)

Yesterday I noticed that the proposed value charge start/stop times are 10 days old -- so I'm guessing that's when that part of the system crashed. So I'm going to try a reboot of the My Ford Touch system tonight, and will report on that result here.

In other news, the search function in this forum is broken. Fortunately I can get Google to search it for me.

scoops said:
What times do you have your value charging set for?
I *HAD* it set for 11pm start, 7am finish. Now it just says 12am-12am, and I can't edit it. I can go into the time editor, and change the start and stop times to 11/7, but after I save and exit, it still says 12am-12am.

How do you go about rebooting MFT?
I did some googling this afternoon, and just now I did the reboot. In short, you pull the right fuse.

In the manual there is a section on "fuses and relays" (in my copy it starts on page 280), and googling told me that fuses 67 and 79 in the passenger footwell panel would do the trick for a Sync reboot. I pulled both (only one might have done it, but I didn't want to dork around) for a minute and then restored them, and indeed Sync did reboot upon the next power up of the car. Note that the passenger footwell fuse panel is immediately below the glovebox, behind a piece of BLACK trim held in by some plastic knobs. It is NOT the small rectangular tan access panel on the left side of the footwell. The fuses are hard to pull out, and tricky to put back in, especially the upper fuse (67).

Sadly, the reboot did not appear to fix my problem -- I still can't edit the start/stop times, and I can't select between "charge now" and "value charge". I'll try some more tomorrow.

I've got the luxury of time. I just need to have this fixed by June 1st, when my utility's TOU rate plan starts charging me the really expensive summer rate.

Is your car linked up with myfordmobile? can you edit the times there?

If it is linked up have you attempted removing it and re-adding it?

You may also want to "reboot" the telematics unit (fuse in the rear fuse panel).

Just some other thoughts....

Indeed ...

IT WORKS AGAIN!

Following my last post here ... I tried a Master Reset, but that did not improve the situation. So I called up the Ford support line. Besides the value charge problem, I also had stopped being able to get remote status on the car. So the Ford rep's first question was about editing the value charging times from the website, and once I told her that the website sync to the car wasn't working she zero'd in on that problem. Her next step was to have me delete the car from my MFM profile (via the website) and then re-add it. As you all know, that should then cause an alert to popup in the car, but it never did.

I called in again, and this time they had me do the fuse pull. As I described above, I'd already done a couple fuse pulls, but Ford was saying I should pull fuse #1 in the luggage panel (left side of trunk). In the manual this is labeled as for "Telematics" -- hmmm, not sure how I missed that one, seems obvious, right? It's the bottom right fuse, 5 Amps and tan in color. I pulled and reseated that fuse and ...

Value charging works again! The button that were previously not selectable now were, and the times I had previously entered were back. Most importantly, the value charging worked. I went outside and watched the car at the appointed time (11pm in my case) and right on schedule it lit up. Hooray!

Now, the remote monitoring still doesn't work. I haven't gotten the popup alert in the car following the MFM profile add. But at least I have value charging back, giving me back my half price charging :)

EDIT: Following the successful reboot of the telematics system per above, I decided to retry the car delete/add via the website. After I did that, this time I *did* get the popup alert in the car, and remote access is now working again. So everything is working again.

FYI, value charging is considered a My Ford Mobile (MFM) feature, so when you call in, you have to navigate their system as if you have a MFM problem (e.g. a problem with your website login) to get to the right group. There is a group that deals with plugins cars including the FFE, but that is NOT the group that handles the value charging feature. So once you get to the MFM support person, you can tell them that you have an FFE but then immediately follow that info with "but don't transfer me because this is an MFM problem". On one of my calls to MFM support, as soon as I uttered the words "Ford Focus Electric" the guy transferred me to plugin support (wait, stop!) and I had to hang up, call in, and wait in the hold queue again. Argh!

For the record, value charging stopped working for me again. Whenever I stopped the car, it would always show an immediate charge start time. After a couple days of this, I tried to edit/check the value charging times (in the car) but it wouldn't let me click the edit button. I figured I was going to have to reset the telematics unit again, per above. However, this morning I tried to do the edit one last time and it let me. All the times were zero'd out (to midnight). I reset them (to 11pm-7am, in my case) and it's working again. I guess it just likes to forget itself occasionally.

Back