Problems with myford mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry not the shortness of the trip - I have a 1.7 mile trip with 261 Wh/mi listed.

Hybridbear - take the information you get from the website as entertainment. If you try to completely understand everything at that lovely website, you will drive yourself crazy. There are so many silly mistakes in it, you'll pull all your hair out and it will still be wrong.

You've probably guessed right about cell service. It could also be a stupid bug in the system. Or the system could dislike you. :D

EVA said:
Sorry not the shortness of the trip - I have a 1.7 mile trip with 261 Wh/mi listed.

Hybridbear - take the information you get from the website as entertainment. If you try to completely understand everything at that lovely website, you will drive yourself crazy. There are so many silly mistakes in it, you'll pull all your hair out and it will still be wrong.

You've probably guessed right about cell service. It could also be a stupid bug in the system. Or the system could dislike you. :D
What I find surprising is how well it works for the Energi vehicles.

Since that first trip with the Wh/mi showing we have not had a single other trip with the efficiency data showing. And about 1/3 have had no brake score or regen miles.

I know that the rankings stuff is goofy. That part doesn't work for the Energi either, but the trip data works 95+% of the time for the Energi.

hybridbear said:
That part doesn't work for the Energi either, but the trip data works 95+% of the time for the Energi.
Perhaps that is why Ford merged the two together last year: Since the Energi site was working soooo much better...!

From a purely debugging standpoint: That would indicate that the issue is more likely within our cars than on the website--but since the whole system is pretty screwed up I wouldn't put any $$ on that! LOL

I'd love to get my hands on a "stingray" simply to see what the FFE is sending out--maybe a Canalyzer would do the trick as well.

Has anyone been having issues with MFM today? Both the web portal & cell phone app have been acting up for me. They'll block out sections like Go Times or the Station Finder to say that I don't have access to those features and that I should contact my administrator.

Well I just browsed around a bit but after looking at my Value Charge settings and Go Times I now get this:
mfmerror.jpg

and it wont go away :)

Using the smartphone app seems to work ok..

MFM has been having more issues today. Has anyone else experienced issues with the site not connecting to their car?

I'd also like to get feedback from owners about the trip data they see. How often do you get Wh/mi data to display for your trips on MFM? How about brake scores? How about driving scores?

Ours has shown Wh/mi exactly twice in about 1000 miles of driving so far and MFM only shows brake scores about 50% of the time and driving scores about 67% of the time.

MFM seems to have gone through a big update! This is good news!
cwstnsko first noticed this in another thread.
cwstnsko said:
Based on what I am seeing this morning, they seem to have fixed the site. Not only can I see the colors, but my avatar is alo the correct white FFoE, rather than the fuzzy blue car!
When I clicked on my bookmark for MFM I got this message:
404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found. We have been doing some maintenance, so if you reached this page via a bookmark, please delete it and proceed to:
http://www.myfordmobile.com

When I log in I notice that the "updating" text is formatted differently now. Perhaps they've fixed the trip data so that it will show correctly on MFM!! Hey, I can dream, right? ;)

I also see that all the avatars are correct for community discussions. It also appears that some of the ranking issues have been fixed. For example, the EV stretcher now works. We show 67 miles. We have not taken a single trip of 67 miles in the FFE, but that sounds accurate for the most total miles in one day we've driven in the last 30 days. Braking Expert is also accurate, 152 regen miles sounds right for what we've done in the last 30 days compared to our Lifetime Summary since we got the car about 40 days ago. EV Tour Guide is also accurate for our EV miles driven in the last 30 days. Kinetic Ninja I'm unsure about because it shows us at 99% and we regularly have 100% brake scores for individual trips. Our Lifetime is 99% so perhaps Kinetic Ninja is showing our total brake score for the last 30 days rather than just our brake score from our best trip in the last 30 days like the description implies. Renaissance Man seems to still be a little goofy. It shows us at 75% for our average driving score. Most of our trips where the driving score shows in MFM are 90+. If it is accurately looking at all our trips in the last 30 days I think it is counting all the trips with no data due to MFM glitches as 0 for its calculation. Zen Master still shows a number of drivers with 0 Wh/mi and doesn't even show our ranking at the bottom. That one appears to be still broken.

One thing that I wish worked is comparing my rate of consumption against my wife's. One of the options in the drop down for the comparison is her name but the graph still shows no data for her.

I'm glad to see that Ford is continuing to work on the website!

I'm still not seeing any average Wh/mile consumption in the trip & charge log (I never have in 14 months of using MFM).

The "Zen Master" category still shows people with incredible consumption of 0 Wh/mile.

jmueller065 said:
I'm still not seeing any average Wh/mile consumption in the trip & charge log (I never have in 14 months of using MFM).

The "Zen Master" category still shows people with incredible consumption of 0 Wh/mile.
That is what I said above.

Another odd issue I've seen a few times has to do with the times predicted for charging. Look at the pic below. The current time is 6:32, the car is still charging, yet it predicts it will finish at 6:20 which is in the past. Has anyone else seen this strange behavior?

277E54C6-84BC-43F2-89DC-C4AE4FA01AF9_zpsigqppvam.png

Those changes are big but subtle. I would have never noticed them if you hadn't pointed them out. Yes the car color finally works.

There's a spot to see all your rankings in one spot now. Don't think that was around.

My biggest two complaints they did nothing about - that stinking 0Wh/mi ranking. And the PHEV group taking over the entire forum. The titles for the main threads are so cryptic no normal person can understand them. They really need to put the BEV threads at the end - that way the PHEV crew will stop at their threads and leave us alone. I really hate all the PHEV nonsense in the forum. Go play in your own area and leave us alone (Andy Rooney has left the house).

hybridbear said:
Another odd issue I've seen a few times has to do with the times predicted for charging. Look at the pic below. The current time is 6:32, the car is still charging, yet it predicts it will finish at 6:20 which is in the past. Has anyone else seen this strange behavior?

277E54C6-84BC-43F2-89DC-C4AE4FA01AF9_zpsigqppvam.png
I've noticed that too. Btw how did you correct the car color? I've tried from the beginning of this thread but it didn't work for me.

Snowball 14 said:
hybridbear said:
I've noticed that too. Btw how did you correct the car color? I've tried from the beginning of this thread but it didn't work for me.
My car color has been correct since day 1. When I added the car I chose Ice Storm and it's been correct ever since.

The website isn't working again today. Our car lost communication with the website this morning until I woke it up by remote starting it with the key fob and it has lost communication again now.

It's not working again this morning. I didn't get my text message this morning that our car was fully charged and my wife can't get the Go Times to sync or remote start the car from the app or the website. My parents are also having issues again yesterday and today with their C-Max Energi not being connected to MFM and thus they also can't update Go Times, etc.

I can no longer set my notification preferences. They are all gone and when I try to enter one, it doesn't stick....if I exit and re-enter it's unchecked. Anyone else have this problem????

Oh...but on the iphone app I still can. How lame is that?

Back