OBDLink and FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickInAustin

I can't get a ScanTool OBDLink MX to communicate with my 2014 FFE.

I have ODBLink app installed on a Samsung Android 4.4 (kitkat) and it successfully connects with the ODBLink using bluetooth.
But the OBDLink is unable to communicate with the FFE.
I tried plugging it into both the standard OBD plug nearest the driver's seat and the one closer to the accelerator pedal.

Could not get it to communicate with the car either way. Any suggestions?

For those who have an OBD-II scanner successfully working with their FFE...

Which OBD-II device are you using?
Which of the two ODB ports under the dash do you use?
What app are you using?
and what device/platform are you running the app on?

Thanks in advance!

There is a long discussion about OBD connection in the My Ford Mobile Discussions - over at the official Ford, My Ford Mobile website. If they can't answer your question, nobody can.

https://discussions.myfordmobile.com/discussions/MyFord_Mobile_Discussions/BEV_Accessories_and_Modifications/Reading_codes_and_the_OBD_II/mfm010000d1/111.1?nav=messages

By chance if you can't access that link - you just need to register for My Ford Mobile (you have an FFE so you should be able to register).

The forum over there is pretty much completely useless at this stage - the Plug In kids have taken over just about every single thread. There is more plug in noise than I can tolerate. They can't seem to get it through their heads that BEV is for the FFE or all battery electric cars and PHEV is for their plug ins. They just act like seagulls indiscriminately posting.

Also discussed in this forum's engineering section:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=672. It appears that no one has been successful with anything but the specially configured ScanGauge (which is a standalone device).

Back