How do you find public charging stations?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

Where I'm at in Ohio public charging stations are far and few between. Other than searching on Google, how do you find where public charging stations are?

Wow another Blue Candy one! Great!
Unfortunately for you Toledo doesn't have that many public stations. I've found plugshare to have the best coverage for SE Michigan/Northern Ohio.

They did recently install three public chargers right downtown:
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/37058

You have no idea the ordeal I went thru to get my hands on a Blue Candy one... well technically I still don't have my hands on it yet :)

www.plugshare.com is the best. Register so you can see individuals that offer their chargers for use. And so you can post your experiences with charging stations.

www.chargepoint.com is another option. In order to use their stations, you will need a chargepoint card. Free, but you have to tie up $20 with them in case you use a for pay station.

EVA said:
http://www.plugshare.com is the best. Register so you can see individuals that offer their chargers for use. And so you can post your experiences with charging stations.

http://www.chargepoint.com is another option. In order to use their stations, you will need a chargepoint card. Free, but you have to tie up $20 with them in case you use a for pay station.

+1 on this one!

Plugshare ftw!

I'm actually sitting in a public charging station I found on plugshare as I type this!

Plug share and Charge Point do offer apps for your smart phone. These make the prosses of finding a charging station much easier. They will also sometimes give you the status of the charging station.

Comments above are good; I use Plug Share often enough.
re Charge Point (which I use rarely): so far, I have not "shared my location" with that site. May be over-cautious.
Have any of you done that "share", and does it help somehow?
Any problem caused by that??

Yeah I allow Plugshare and Chargepoint Apps to use my location. Guess I find it too convenient to find charging stations with that enabled. Yeah, maybe they could do something with my location - I'm having a hard time figuring out what evil they would do.

I mean at the end of the day, Ford knows where my car is because I want to see where the car is located in the app on my phone. Tesla knows where my car is because I want to find it in parking lots. And both apps allow me to check charging status and turn on climate remotely. The trade off for the good I get seems worth it to me.

plug share is great and updated by all users. Be sure to add any helpful notes or problems.

Don't use the FFE built in maps, they are very poor and out of date. It is not live and doen't update. It's fed in from an old SD chip and I can't get ford or the map makers to update so plugshare is worth gold.

Back