Focus Electric Delivery information

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwf123

To those of you who have preordered, like I have, and are waiting for your automobile, here is some news. Specifically, my dealer status states the car will be delivered the week of 4/9/12

This morning I received a telephone call from my Service Manager at Flood Ford in Wakefield, RI. He is busy getting his staff up to speed on the FEV and has made the acquaintance of a Ford Motors Service Supervisor. The Supervisor told him:

No Ford Focus Electric Vehicles have been released to the general public. We expect to release them soon.

Later in the day. relative to an email I sent to Ford Customer Support, I received a call from one of their Managers. Following is her email as summary of our conversation.

It was a pleasure speaking with you today, thank you for your patience and understanding – it’s quite refreshing. While I understand you are anxious to receive your vehicle I do not have an ETA at this time. The vehicle has been stop shipped for inspection. Please stay in touch with your dealership and I will provide you weekly updates when the system changes.

Thank You for your time!

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Ford Motor Company- Customer Service Division

I thanked both of them and told them the issue is communication. I will quietly wait as long as someone let's me know my status. "Angela" actually gave me a location for my car and said it is going to inspected and then hopefully put on a truck and shipped to the dealership.

Both of these people, Angela from Ford Customer support and Jason from the Flood Ford dealership were very refreshing, knowledgable and supportive. My praise to them!!!!

Still waiting... I expect to hear from Angella on Monday and will report back. dwf1

I wanted to order a Focus Electric, but needed to save a bit for the down payment. Going in next week to get one; can't wait! I'd love to hear how yours is going.

My order was put in February 23, 2012. No specific delivery date yet. I can get my $1,000 deposit back June 4th. Probably do it. Ford won't give us any details or specific delivery date.
Kind of like waiting on an Aptera.

Whit - after all you've been through waiting for your Ford Focus Electric you're pulling out?

I guess you did give them another month to still deliver your Focus Electric... I'm waiting to see what happens!

Got a "Start to Ship" date of 5/21/12 from my dealer, Hassett Ford of Wantagh, NY (Long Island) (Tom Cinelli internet sales director 516-809-4401). Seems pretty confident. Tom has kept me connected pretty well. Look for the others to start flowing about then too.
UPDATE
mine was built 4/22/12. The 5/21 "Start to Ship" date is NOT firm either.
Wonder if I can track its progress using My Ford Sync?

My car's status update as of today. (Delivery to Vancouver, BC Canada):

Here is the most up to date status: Looks like it’s getting built on the 21st, and it’s ETA is June.11th at our dealership. From the look of it, everything has been on schedule thus far, so I expect this to be pretty accurate.

Status

Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (May-21-2012) Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI May-04-2012 *Jun-11-2012

Back