2015 Focus official Ford Page

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi said:
I really, really like the new look of the front end.
That wouldn't be because you pretty much already have the same front end? :D :roll:

But almost seriously, I really wish Ford did something else, because now every Focus on the planet will look like the Electric. No more exclusivity. No more guessing what kind of car it is from the front. Waaaaaaahhhhh.

Also note that on the first photo, the Focus shown is the European model, and the North American Focus will look slightly different, especially in the headlamp area. You can see this on later photos. The U.S. model has chrome headlamp trim.

unplugged said:
Gigi said:
I really, really like the new look of the front end.
That wouldn't be because you pretty much already have the same front end? :D :roll:
Yep! You bet'cha!

There's something about the Fiesta, Focus, and Fusion having similar looks that is satisfying to me. I only hope the C-Max can get rid of one of its three grill openings and look more like the 2015 Focus.

I think that the 2015 Focus has a more assertive look than the past version. The grill is a grill, not an expanse of black, grill-like space that is only partially a grill. The new Focus also has spaces for driving lamps, which I like seeing. When I read someone expressing the opinion that the FFE looks like a guppy, I must confess that I immediately saw the resemblance. The new Focus looks sharper and more like a shark than a guppy.

Somebody line 'em up: Fiesta, Focus, and Fusion and lets see how they look together.

cta4762 said:
I'm disappointed. I had read the internet rumor about a 2015 Focus Energi.
I'm disappointed to not hear anything about a Focus Energi as well. I hope that the rumors are true. Especially if it had 30+ miles of EV range instead of the ~21 of the current Energi models.

Word is the Edge Energi will have a 25 mile range, and that it's a programming change that Ford will be offering to previous CMax and Fusion Energi owners. I haven't heard anything concrete on a Focus Energi but my owner said in a meeting that they mentioned Focus Energi and Hybrid.

John

jachady said:
Word is the Edge Energi will have a 25 mile range, and that it's a programming change that Ford will be offering to previous CMax and Fusion Energi owners. I haven't heard anything concrete on a Focus Energi but my owner said in a meeting that they mentioned Focus Energi and Hybrid.

John
I sure hope that Ford does expand their PHEV/BEV/hybrid offerings to more vehicles. I've done extensive analysis of the FFH powertrain and they did an excellent job. By expanding the vehicle classes with a hybrid/PHEV/BEV option Ford can become a leader in electrified powertrains ahead of other automakers.

I just received some info from Ford on the 2015. It is very generic but does say the 15 will receive new tailgate, taillamps and rear fascia. It will also be available in Ruby Red (not sure about Race Red). Those are the only exterior changes showing. For the interior, the door locks switches are moved (most likely to the doors), the climate control panel, cupholders and center console are changed.

unplugged said:
I heard, for some odd reason the new model won't be released until early 2015.
Well the new ICE version won't be available until fall. It could just be the time to change over the FFE after they've done the ICE version.

jmueller065 said:
Well the new ICE version won't be available until fall. It could just be the time to change over the FFE after they've done the ICE version.
You really think it takes 4 to 5 months to "change over" an FFE that has no changes? If you recall, I was the one leading the "charge" in saying the FFE would have no major exterior changes because it already had the new "look", but I thought at least the hood would change. Now, I find out that the 2015 FFE won't be released until 4 or 5 months (at the least) after the traditional model year change over.

The fact is that Ford has 2014 FFE's to sell for another 8 or 9 months. They don't want to release all the details for the 2015 right now. That might stagnate 2014 sales and inventory until next year. All I'm suggesting is that there is a likelihood that Ford is not releasing all the details on the 2015 FFE just yet. I would need to wait at least until November to see what the actual specs are for the 2015 FFE. There might be a dim hope that the CCS DC fast charge port is included on the 2015. I have yet to see a denial from Ford. It will be interesting if someone asks.

unplugged said:
You really think it takes 4 to 5 months to "change over" an FFE that has no changes?
In some ways yes and some ways no: The auto industry can move at a snails pace sometimes.

Indeed Ford has yet to release any specific info on the 2015 FFE other than releasing the few exterior pics and showing it on a rotating stand that keeps people away from it. For all we know it could have the CCS & an extra 20 miles of range...or not. Perhaps they aren't releasing anything because they simply don't know yet and are still "designing" the car (or letting Magna design the car) (probably was easy to mock up those mules with new sheetmetal but everything else the same). Time will tell...

I too have great interest in what the 2015 will have to offer and have seen the early 2015 availability date which seems far too late for a car with no changes that have been made public. The manufacturers are sure making it hard to underestimate them when it comes to electric vehicles.

This is the only Q&A I have seen regarding the Electric version of the 2015:
http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?28874-2014-Focus-Electric-Drop-6-000-with-Cash-Back!&p=237929&viewfull=1#post237929

I can't find the source at the moment but I read that the electric motor will increase by 1kW but the range has remained unchanged.

Wow! That Q&A just confirms what we have been seeing all along: No changes.

Even worse: None of the questions are actually answered! LOL An example:
3. Will there be more than one trim level for 2015 Focus Electric? Current images show one with black lower cladding and another with cladding pained body color.

Focus Electric will continue to offer a single well-contented trim which includes a 6.6kW on-board charger, the award-winning MyFord Mobile app and website integration, premium Sony audio, and a 100% recycled interior seat fabric. Some images are not final production images.

The next comment in the thread says it all:
I love how the answer is never "no", but rather they spin the negative into a false positive.

jmueller065 said:

Even worse: None of the questions are actually answered! LOL An example:
3. Will there be more than one trim level for 2015 Focus Electric? Current images show one with black lower cladding and another with cladding pained body color.

Focus Electric will continue to offer a single well-contented trim which includes a 6.6kW on-board charger, the award-winning MyFord Mobile app and website integration, premium Sony audio, and a 100% recycled interior seat fabric. Some images are not final production images.

The next comment in the thread says it all:
I love how the answer is never "no", but rather they spin the negative into a false positive.
I laughed too when reading it. Very disappointing.

jmueller065 said:
Funny, I took my own advice and asked Ford directly about the 2015 Focus Electric changes. I was specifically interested in the CCS capability. So I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that Chad D'Arcy, former Focus Electric Marketing manager confirmed that there will be minor changes and that there will be no CCS charge capability. As discussed above, the Focus Electric continues with minor changes.

The good news is that Mr. D'Arcy has been so successful at his position as marketing manager, he was promoted! He is now Electrification Product Marketing Manager. Mr. D'Arcy is only working on future model years, specifically on C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi, and Focus Electric. Joe Marini has replaced him on the Consumer Marketing side as Focus Electric Marketing Manager. Chad specifically stated he, of course, couldn't tell me about future model changes. (What's it help knowing someone who knows ALL about future models if they can't tell about it?)

Back