Clock issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sterl39

We've had our FFE for a week now. No issues except: twice now, when the vehicle was parked at my wife's workplace (not plugged in), the clock reset itself to some random time. Both times my wife had to manually reset the clock. Has anyone else had this problem?

_______
2013 FFE Blue Candy

Doesn't it get its time from the GPS system? If I recall, there is an option to sync with the satellite in the menu. I'll have to look again.

But in answer to your question, no, that has never happened to me.

Clock and calendar issues have been with My Ford Touch on the Focus platform for a long time now (for at least 3 revisions of My Ford Touch now).

With the latest version (3.6) on my FFE I don't seem to be having the issues as much but still, occasionally, I see the clock messed up--most of the time it will fix itself.

The calendar, on the other hand, doesn't so readily fix itself (the main calendar issue is that car will think that the date is yesterday or today--seems to be off by +/- 1). Normally the calendar issue isn't that big of a deal on an ICE car but because the value charge settings use the calendar to determine if its a weekday or weekend we have a bigger problem with it (in my case I've set the value charge settings identical for both weekdays & weekends to mitigate the problem).

This is happening to me at least once per week - latest episode was this morning. Got in the car and the clock was 3 hours and 2 minutes off. Starting to get annoying. Not quite as annoying as the radio presets going blank, but fortunately that's only happened three times in the 7 weeks we've had the car.

Back