Leaf rental

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb6lude

I wonder if this trip can actually be done (without resorting to a tow etc.)? Oddly the Leaf doesn't show up as an option if you pick LAX for both pickup and dropoff.

original.jpg

bb6lude said:
I wonder if this trip can actually be done (without resorting to a tow etc.)? Oddly the Leaf doesn't show up as an option if you pick LAX for both pickup and dropoff.

San Diego to Vancouver BC has been done, multiple times. DCQC stations only a little slower than driving an ICE, from Vancouver BC to the Oregon California line. There is a gap between there and the Bay area, and between LA area and Bay area, however, and this will require stops at standard 220V charging stations (J-1772).

If you really want to do this, your probably need to want to have a 220V EVSE cable and a bag of adaptors. While it looks like there is a continuous path between J-1772 charging stations (through King City), it would be a good idea to have a fallback of stopping at RV campgrounds, truck stops and motels that have various 220V plugs. There is exactly one J1772 in King City, at Hartnell College.

If you are serious, I'd suggest asking the question in the Nissan Leaf forum, and talking with people that have done the trip.

For that much $$$ you could lease the thing for almost a year!

I don't understand....I rented a Leaf from Enterprise for about $50 a day

Back