Navigation screen slow when I zoom in or out

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyahab

I'm coming off a 2011 nissan leaf so it may just be that I'm too used to that navigation screen, but this focus screen seems kinda' slow, not as responsive. There's instances where I need to zoom out on demand to get a better sense of where I'm at, and then eventually I zoom in, and out, etc... In the leaf all of this zooming in and out seemed quite responsive and the system was able to keep up. On what seems to be a simple zoom out, or zoom in the focus navigation screen seems to have to redraw everything all over again. I invariably have to end up waiting a few seconds for everything to redraw before I can tell whether I'm zoomed in enough to see the detail of the street up ahead. I can't remember right now whether the same redraw "delay" occurs when I pan the map to a different area by centering somewhere other than the car.

I know this sounds stupid quibbling over 1 vs 3 seconds of a screen refresh. Just wondering if this is a setting that I have turned on which causes the delay? IE: when you have traffic turned on in google maps it takes a tad bit longer when you move the map area or zoom in/out. I'm still in my sirius 6 month trial. Is that trying to show traffic info on the map and I just haven't noticed it?

happyahab said:
I know this sounds stupid quibbling over 1 vs 3 seconds of a screen refresh.

I think I might have embellished the sluggishness in my memory. Looks like it's really maybe .5 seconds in the leaf where it's 1-1.5 seconds in the Focus. So not that much more, but yes, general sluggishness on the my ford touch screens sounds like the cause.

Back