Charging Starts on Door Open with Full Battery

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluke

One quirk I've found on the FFE is that when the car has finished charging but remains plugged in it will initiate a short charge cycle whenever a door or the hatch is opened. I've got no idea why opening a door would necessitate starting a charge. It will do it repeatedly, each time a door is opened and last only a couple of minutes each time.

Just a random guess, as I don't have my car yet, but wouldn't it just be compensating for the fact that the car starts using electricity when you open a door? Interior lighting, pre-energizing other electronics systems, etc?

felkster said:
Just a random guess, as I don't have my car yet, but wouldn't it just be compensating for the fact that the car starts using electricity when you open a door? Interior lighting, pre-energizing other electronics systems, etc?

That's what I was guessing, powering internal lights and any accessories the driver may use while stationary.

Back