An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:37 am 

My 2013 Focus Electric with 34000 miles on it is having its 23 KW battery replaced due to an internal coolant leak in one of the packs. As of this past Friday my new 33.5 KW battery was in transit to my dealer. It is going to be a new adventure to have almost 50 percent more capacity and range. It is my understanding that the replacement battery will have full warranty which will extend the life of my 2013 Focus Electric to a ripe old age for an EV. Thank goodness that the warranty covers this as it would have surely been an early grave if I had to pay for the new battery at over $23,000. I will post an update when I get my car back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 am 

Congrats. I had my 2012 battery replaced just over a year ago. Make sure they don't forget to put the coolant back in...my dealer forgot that step. They also forgot to ensure all the high voltage connections were nice and snug. almost a year following the battery replacement I got the stop safely now again but turned out to be the HV connection near the passenger side rear wheel well.