Won't charge after changing from value charge to charge now

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmlaster

I've owned my FFE for 2 1/2 years. i have 35,500 miles on. I've had this problem multiple times in the ownership of the car. My local dealer in NW Indiana can't figure it out. Sometimes they see codes and reset the system, but they don't FIX anything.

i leave the car set at value charge 99.9% of the time. Rarely do i charge publicly. This is my problem.

i am running errands and i change from Value charge to Charge now. i am or may not charge on the road.
I drive home and either
1. Change to value charge while driving
or
2. Change to value charge from my steering wheel after parking the car in the garage

I plug the car in before the beginning of the value charge window.
The car then fails to charge during my value charge window (11PM - 6 am)

Yesterday morning, my husband went out to confirm he plugged the car in and that it charged. It was 5:30 am. He opened the car door and it started charging. It continued to charge until 7:05 am (past the 6 am value charge cut off)

This is getting old. I know i will encounter this problem, every time I change the charge setting.

Hopefully, FORD engineering will read this.

As a workaround, can you add the location of the public charger to your value charge settings so you dont have to switch out of it? Or is it the time frame that is the problem? Have you tried using the mfm app and switching it only if you are about to charge publicly? Sometimes the app can do things better than the car can, and vice versa.

Back