Trying to set WeekEND Value Charge times?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wind_driven

We're new FFE owners, and I did search the forums for this issue, but don't see an explicit solution. We have a 240 charger, and would like to set Value Charge times for all 7 days of the week (good because it minimizes the time the FFE is 100% charged, plus just keeps the whole power grid happier). Our FFE is a commute car M-F, and just around town on the weekends.

We can set the Weekday Value Charge times with no problem, putting in 03:00 AM as the start and 06:00 AM as the finish. And that actually works in real life :)

But we have trouble setting the Weekend Value Charge times. We do the exact same procedure as in setting the Weekday, but it just doesn't seem to take affect, it always goes back to the default. The resulting screen shows that our Weekday times are correct, but the Weekend times always go back to the default "12:00 AM to 12:00 AM". Believe me, we've done this repeatedly, to no avail. And since we were able to set the Weekday times successfully, I know we know the procedure.

In the big picture, it hasn't made too much difference, since our FFE ends up charged as needed for commuting, but it's weird that we can't set the WeekEND times. Any thoughts on how to set up Value Charging for WeekENDs? Thanks!

I do the exact same thing with mine. I have a short commute and I have mine charge at 4am - 10am. The 10am is mostly arbitrary since it's rarely much lower than 50% charge so it usually takes about an hour and a half to charge. Even if it was completely dead it would be charged by about 7:30. I just set the window a couple hours later since I don't get up as early. I've had issues with it not wanting to switch between Now and Value.

Make sure your weekend value charge times are set for 240V not 120V. That could be tripping you up. I will say though I have witnessed some odd behavior with value charge time settings. If the window is too small it can cause it to skip and default to charge now. FYI these settings are stored in the TCU so pulling the fuse for the TCU to reset it might also help. Then again it might not.. LOL Good luck with your FFE.

Back