tkdbrusco

Re: Value Charge and Go Time Seems Broken

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Hey Everyone. I got it to work. I had to do a workaround but it works. Here's what I did.

1. I rebooted the sync with a master reset.
2. I set all value times to 1AM - 7AM (as suggested to avoid the midnight issue)
3. Plugged in and noticed that it kicked on for like 5 minutes, then it shut off and waited until 1AM.

I'm still not sure what the go time impacts. Is it only cabin conditioning or will it delay the charge as well.

I find it stupid that I need to reset the whole system or do some silly workaround for midnight to get this to work. I may try the sync 2.3 update and saw what changes.

spirilis

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 am

tkdbrusco wrote:Hey Everyone. I got it to work. I had to do a workaround but it works. Here's what I did.

1. I rebooted the sync with a master reset.
2. I set all value times to 1AM - 7AM (as suggested to avoid the midnight issue)
3. Plugged in and noticed that it kicked on for like 5 minutes, then it shut off and waited until 1AM.

I'm still not sure what the go time impacts. Is it only cabin conditioning or will it delay the charge as well.

I find it stupid that I need to reset the whole system or do some silly workaround for midnight to get this to work. I may try the sync 2.3 update and saw what changes.
GO Times is predominantly for cabin conditioning, but I think it may override the value times if it believes the car won't be charged in time? Can't confirm the last piece since I never use value charge.
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

rlsogge

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:53 am

I have the same problem with my otherwise perfect 2017 FFE. SYNC 3, though updated, through Settings > Charge Settings will not hold weekend Value Charge times.
Dealer had car for a week and could not correct problem. Ford needs to address this problem - I hope before my 3 year warranty runs out

triangles

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Value charging and go times rely on the TCU. Pull the F1 Fuse for a few seconds to "reboot" the TCU. That may help.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

Return to “Batteries and Charging Forum”