2017 FFE battery run down test

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

Has anybody done the battery drawdown test on a 2017 model? If so please post the kWh values you measured. I'm looking at buying a certified 2017 model and I was wanting a benchmark to see what the battery degradations were on these certified FFEs.

Texas FFE said:
Has anybody done the battery drawdown test on a 2017 model? If so please post the kWh values you measured. I'm looking at buying a certified 2017 model and I was wanting a benchmark to see what the battery degradations were on these certified FFEs.

I'm still waiting for my 2017 to arrive. Ill post here once I get it next month. Are government rebates available for certified models? If not, the certified price should be lower by the same amount as the current rebate. Otherwise, the 2018 is worth considering esp. with applicable rebates.

parthea said:
Are government rebates available for certified models? If not, the certified price should be lower by the same amount as the current rebate. Otherwise, the 2018 is worth considering esp. with applicable rebates.

Government rebates are not available on certified vehicles but I was able to find several certified 2017 models at about 40% of MSRP. These certified cars are only a few months old and have fairly low mileage but I'm afraid have were pushed very hard during their short lives. Since the Ford warranty doesn't cover battery degradation, I want make sure the battery is not seriously degraded on the certified car I buy.

I had the dealer of one of certified 2017 models I'm looking at do a run down test. The trip meter read 28.8 kWh when the Stop Safely Now message came up. Seems reasonable for a seven month old 2017 FFE with 7000 miles on it.

After 4000 miles / 2 months, I had 28.1 kWh.

Texas FFE said:
I had the dealer of one of certified 2017 models I'm looking at do a run down test. The trip meter read 28.8 kWh when the Stop Safely Now message came up. Seems reasonable for a seven month old 2017 FFE with 7000 miles on it.

I had another dealer refuse to do a battery run down test on his certified FFE, he said the run down test would break the car. If you are trying to buy a used or certified EV and the seller refuses to do a run test on the car I think you should walk away. Although it hasn't degraded much since I bought my 2013 FFE, the battery is 18% degraded and I now wish I had known that before I bought it.

Back