Guess-O-Meter range question

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all. I just got my FFE connected to myford mobile today after getting the modem replaced. Drove to work today and in car said I had 60 miles of range left with a +3 in the budget after 23 miles. Plugged in to a regular outlet. I look on my phone and on my laptop and it says 44 miles of range. Is this just an anomaly perhaps? Seems a bit wonky. :?: It's been plugged in for a couple hours and hasn't changed much. I neglected to take a snap of the trip summary, but I managed 189 Wh/Mi with 6.1 miles of regen.

Have you tried updating MFM? In the app pull the screen down to force an update.

In any case I would trust what the car says over MFM (I wonder if MFM is getting a % from the car and it thinks your car has the smaller battery?--yeah I'm assuming you have the larger battery given your ranges and driving you've done).

It's a 2014 with the standard battery. The 53mi estimate was right after refreshing in the car when it said 89. I think I just drive like an old lady after driving a Fusion Hybrid for over 2 years and getting that mileage average up to over 50mpg. I can easily arrive at work if I'm in a bit of a hurry with the Budget showing -10. I haven't had the car all that long yet and haven't run the battery down to see what mileage I'm really getting as I am only using the supplied charger at night and at work. If I drive the 40mi round trip commute without charging at work though, the car always says I have a bit less than half left still. I've seen the GOM show as high at 91 estimate, but that didn't last long lol.

Ah, ok.

It is possible that replacing the modem reset a bunch of stuff on the server. It may need some time to match the car. Then again with all the issues we've seen here with MFM it may never match LOL.

Yeah, I saw some responses on the MyFord Mobile discussions saying that after they had their modem replaced it took several weeks in some cases to match up. Fully charged now the car shows 97 miles of range. I see that as a challenge LOL. One I will most likely lose.

Back