12V battery issues on 2016 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imehdi

Folks,
First time posting so please excuse if this has already been addressed. Just point me to it...

Leased a brand new 2016 FFE couple weeks ago. Few days ago the car would not start in the morning. Went into sleep mode and even the door could not be opened with the fob. Tow truck guy jump started and took it to the dealership. Car is under warranty so they replaced the battery. I usually drive 12 miles and then put it on the charger. This morning again the same issue!

Called the dealership and they said bring it in. But this is ridiculous, its a brand new car. Are there any any tricks to preserve the 12V battery??

Much obliged,
Imehdi

If the 12V battery is dead after charging, it's possible the DC-DC converter is not functioning properly. As soon as I plug my car in the 12V battery jumps to 14.7V.

No tips for a situation like that. (the normal answer is a recall to reprogram the car - but that was for older cars)

It sounds like either there is a problem with the charging system, like Owen87 said; or there is some drain on the 12V battery, a short somewhere, an accessory that isn't turning off... probably something you aren't doing but a problem with the car. Best place is to have it at the dealer.

Just be certain that you get brand new 12V batteries after it goes dead like that. You don't want an abused 12V battery long term in the car.

Back