My Focus died.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azfordown

I got a 2013 Focus electric about 6 months ago. I had zero problems with it and love the smooth and quiet driving. Until two days ago when it stopped charging :(. The charging light just gives me 5 blinks then just dies. The focus app tells me there is an external fault. myfordmobile gives me two errors: Charge fault, and Scheduled charge did not begin - external fault. There is a solid green light on my charger, it's the oem one that came with the car.

It's at the dealer now. Ford did provide roadside assitance and picked up the car from my house and they gave me ride back home. They'll charge me $120 to look at the car. I'm waiting on them now. I hope all is ok. I believe he told me that It wouldn't be looked at today because they two guys that deal with electrics where not in.

I don't think the dealer should be charging you anything. You might still be under the 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty. If not the problem should be covered under the power train or battery warranties, the power train warranty is good for 5 yrs/60,000 miles and the battery warranty is good for 8 yrs/100,000 miles.

I don't exactly know what the charge is, but they guy said I had to pay it when I got my car back. It'll let you know what the charge is when I get it back. I did get a call and they told me the car won't be looked until Monday. They have two guys that work on the Electric cars and they don't work on Saturdays, so I'll have to wait.

I got a call from the dealership, they just let me know, that there wasn't anything wrong with the car. The problem was the charger, they ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. I'm so happy! They are also doing all the recalls and updated the dashboard computer stuff. Hopefully my car will display the right time now.

I couldn't test whether the car was broken or the charger because by the time I noticed there was something wrong I only had 30 miles left on the battery and had to make it to work. There was a charging station at the mall near where I work, but when I went there to charge the stations had been removed :(.

What pleasure dealing with Ford! I just got my car back. I paid $0, I'm kinda broke right now so I was a bit nervous about that. They gave me a brand new charger and got my car washed! Everything is working like normal, they did all the recalls on it, so It's up to date now.

I wasn't particularly horrible to that charger, but I wasn't completely nice to it either. I'm going to baby this charger from now on. I bought a Siemens VC30GRYU but haven't installed it yet since I live in Arizona and almost died being up in the attic for about and hour figuring out how I was going to install it. I'll install it in a month or two when It's nice and cool here.

There was one thing that bugged me about the car, hopefully with the software upgrade It'll be fixed. Sometimes when the battery cooler was on I would not get cool air coming out of the A/C, it took a couple of minutes for the air to get cool.

There was nothing wrong with the car, the charger just died on me :(.

Back