Charge station fail

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marel13

Hi
I have a Rolec home charge station 32a and it has work well for almost a year but now starting to fail.
Its cuts out the fuse and electric in the station after few minutes charging but not the main fuse in home.
I think the car is ok after trying to charge anothercar with that station(Nissan Leaf) and it do the same.
There is no moisture/water in the station, all looks normal.
If any have idea please let me know

Gunnar Marel
Iceland

Marel13 said:
Hi
I have a Rolec home charge station 32a and it has work well for almost a year but now starting to fail.
Its cuts out the fuse and electric in the station after few minutes charging but not the main fuse in home.
I think the car is ok after trying to charge anothercar with that station(Nissan Leaf) and it do the same.
There is no moisture/water in the station, all looks normal.
If any have idea please let me know

Gunnar Marel
Iceland
Manufacturer's warranty.

I also had a EVSE fail last week.. a clipper creek unit.. I gave them a call and they were very pro-active in making sure I was taken care of. I was impressed with their response and solution.. Just thought I'd give a shout out to a good EVSE provider.

For the record, they sent out a new unit and a pre-filled out UPS shipping form.. New unit arrived in two days, took it out, put the old one in the box, slapped on the label and was done. Nice service... far better then the response I got from BOSCH on another EVSE I own (that story posted elsewhere in this forum)

Max said:
I also had a EVSE fail last week.. a clipper creek unit.. I gave them a call and they were very pro-active in making sure I was taken care of. I was impressed with their response and solution.. Just thought I'd give a shout out to a good EVSE provider.

For the record, they sent out a new unit and a pre-filled out UPS shipping form.. New unit arrived in two days, took it out, put the old one in the box, slapped on the label and was done. Nice service... far better then the response I got from BOSCH on another EVSE I own (that story posted elsewhere in this forum)
This is exactly the reason that I always recommend CC when folks ask what EVSE they should purchase. The folks at CC are awesome.

twscrap said:
This is exactly the reason that I always recommend CC when folks ask what EVSE they should purchase. The folks at CC are awesome.
I second the thumbs up for Clipper Creek.

The handle on my CC unit was a bit stiff to insert and remove from the car's inlet. It's better now, but at the time I called their support. I didn't take them up on it, but they offered to have me send in my unit and they'd put a different handle on it for free.

If you can charge your car at another EVSE without any problems and a Nissan Leaf also causes your EVSE to fail, it is time to repair or replace your EVSE.

Is the charging station blowing the internal fuse or is it giving an over current fault?
If it is a fuse you are replacing, what is the fuse number?
Also check the model number of the charging station sticker to verify it is a 32 amp station.

Back